Last modified: 2013-01-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | aramina | saltire (red fimbriated white) | rectangle (white) | coat of arms |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipal coat of arms was
changed, too. It is green with a white-bordered red saltire, and
the municipal coat of arms on a white disk, bordered red, overall.
http://www.aramina.sp.gov.br/brasao.asp - Municipal website The municipality of Aramina (5,150 inhabitants in 2010; 20,270 ha) is located in northern São Paulo State.
Aramina was founded in 1905 but received its present name only in 1910, when the Mogi Railway Company established a station there. The place was name for a plant* common in the area. The district of Aramina was established in 1935. The municipality of Aramina was established by State Law No. 8,002 of 28 February 1964, following a plebiscite held on 1 December 1963, and inaugurated on 4 April 1965.
*"aramina" is the local name of Urena lobata L. (Caesar weed), a
plant belonging to the Malvaceae family. The plant is used in Brazil
to produce a jute-like fiber sold as "aramina fiber".
image by Joseph McMillan
The flag is dark green with a white-bordered red
saltire, and the municipal coat of arms on a white rectangle overall.
Source: Official municipal website
Joseph McMillan, 1 April 2003
This flag shown is, most probably, obsolete.
Ivan Sache, 30 December 2012