Last modified: 2016-03-14 by ian macdonald
Keywords: eden |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located by Jonathan Dixon, 17 August 2012
Located in the 'middle' of Twofold Bay in Bega Valley Shire, Eden (population
3000 in 2006) is the last town on the south coast before the border with
Victoria. Whaling stations were based in the area from 1828, with the town
itself planned in 1842. The main industries in the area now are fishing,
forestry and tourism.
The flag is white with half a naturally coloured orca (killer whale) leaping out of blue waves, to the hoist of the name 'EDEN' in large blue letters. It is flown by the Eden Killer Whale Museum (which uses a log similar to the image on the flag) along with the national and state flags, from the mast from the lighthouse which they re-erected in the middle of Imlay St in 1993 by the Eden Killer Whale Museum, and can also be seen on the wall of at least one shop.
A photo of the latest batch of (screen-printed) flags can be found in the Museum's Facebook photos
Jonathan Dixon, 17 August 2012