Last modified: 2021-12-24 by rob raeside
Keywords: general san martín department | córdoba province | argentina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Etruria (3,788 inhabitants in 2001) is located in the south of the Córdoba Province, 200 km from Córdoba City and 60 km from Villa María.
Etruria originates in the establishment of the small village of Pueblo Soria on the estate owned by Bernabé Soria. The Etruria railway station, built on the Villa María-Rufino line, was inaugurated on 25 October 1890.
The municipality of Etruria was established east of the station on 17 May 1893 by Santiago Díaz.
The flag of Etruria is prescribed by Ordinance No. 382 of 22 April 1986, promulgated by Decree No. 19 of 23 April 1996.
The flag, designed by Luisa Corletti, is quartered blue-red-blue-red by a light blue-white-light blue cross. In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms over a brown cross.
Ivan Sache, 10 Jan 2014
The municipality of Villa Nueva (18,818 inhabitants in 2010) is located in the center of the Córdoba Province. Together with the adjacent town of Villa María, it forms the entity known as Greater Villa María or Villa María - Villa Nueva (98,169 inh.).
Villa Nueva is of unknown exact origin, since the Act and Decree of foundation of the town have been lost. The settlement appears to have emerged on plots offered in October 1826 by Apolinario Carranza, Juan Bautista Carranza, José del Tránsito Carranza, Hilarión Carranza, Renovato de las Casas, Martín Abaca, León Correa and Benito Correa. The provincial government appointed Ramón Roldán to survey the new settlement.
The new settlement was named Villa Nueva (New Town) for the sake of differentiation from the neighbouring Villa Vieja (Old Town). Originally named Villa Nueva la del Paso de Ferreyra, the town was renamed Villa Nueva del Rosario, and, eventually, in 1836, Villa Nueva.
The flag of Villa Nueva, designed by Zunilda Carmen Barrera, is prescribed by Municipal Resolution No. 1,475 of 27 September 2005.
The flag is quartered per saltire, 1. White charged with "VILLA" in black letters, 2. Blue a yellow rising sun, 3. white charged with "NUEVA" in black letters, 4. Green border dark blue on the left and brown on the right, charged with smaller light green rectangles.
The upper quarter shows the heavens as a symbol of spirituality and purity and a rising sun as the biggest source of life.
The two triangles contrast with the colour of the heavens and recall with it the colours of the national flag.
In the lower quarter, the blue stripe represents river Ctalamochita, while the brown stripe represents the Royal Trail. They converge into the center of the flag, representing the town lit by the sun, watered by the river and served by the trail. The green triangle represents the pampas within which the town is located. The small rectangles represent the map of Villa Nueva, reflecting in a scattered pattern the constant growth of a urbanized and united settlement.
Ivan Sache, 06 Jan 2014