This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Senec okres, Bratislava region
Last modified: 2018-12-19 by rob raeside
Keywords: bernolakovo |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Gunnar Staack, 11 June 2000
adopted 29 Apr 1998
Image based on the Heraldický Register Slovenskej Republiky II, 2001
- Bernolákovo, Senec district, Bratislava region - adopted 29 Apr 1998.
Bernolákovo (original: Ceklís 1920-1948; Hungarian: Cseklész had 4477
inhabitants in the 1990 census). Most Hungarians migrated in 1948 (Hungarian-Slovakian
population exchange). The town was in the Pozsony (in Slovakian Prešporok)
County of the Kingdom of Hungary till 1919/1920 (Czechoslovakian occupation
/ Treaty of Trianon). 1920-1938 part of Czechoslovakia, 1938-1944 part
of Hungary (after the Decision of Vienna). The Treaty of Paris (1947) reallocated
it to Czechoslovakia. Ceklís got the new name in 1948: Bernolákovo. Antonín
Bernolák (1762-1813) was born in Alsókubin/Dolný Kubín; he was an Slovakian
linguistic. Here is the Esterházy Palace (1714-1720).
István Molnár, 21 Jun 2000
Bernolákovo Coat of Arms
image from this
site. Based on a 17th century seal; this is the hand of St. Stephen.