Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: zaleszany |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
According to Jan Długosz's "Liber Beneficiorum", the villages forming
today's commune were in existence already in XI Century.
Born here was Gen.Henryk Dembiński, one of the leaders of the November Uprising of 1830 and of Hungarian Revolution of 1848.
Arms and flag adopted on August 21, 2007 (resolution # VII/88/2007).
"Arms: on a blue, Spanish-style shield three silver bars (from the noble Coat of Arms "Korczak") between two golden pine trees.
The pine trees relate to the name of the village "Zaleszany" which, roughly, translate into "those who live behind the forest".
The noble Coat of Arms "Korczak" belonged to the highly patriotic Horodynski Clan, owners of the area since late 16th century - soldiers of the Kosciuszko Insurrection of
1794, November Uprising of 1863 and Home Army (AK) during the WW II. Several members of the family were executed by Gestapo in their mansion in the village of Zbydniów in 1944.
Flag: blue rectangle in the ratio 5:8 with the Arms (without the shield)
placed on the hoist part of the flag."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 18 Dec 2008