Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: badkowo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The Saint Matthew the Evangelist gothic church was originally built
In 1920, near Bądkowo, a huge camp for Soviet POW's was located.
The brand new Arms and flag were adopted on April 22, 2009 (resolution
# XXII - 135/2009).
"Arms: on the red field a golden, wavy ribbon symbolizing the river. Below it a conjoined heads of a lion (black) and an eagle (silver - white), both with golden (yellow) tongues.
Flag: a rectangle in the ratio 5:8 composed of two unequal horizontal fields: The upper one is yellow and 1/4 of the height of the flag. The lower one ts red and 3/4 of the height of the flag. On the red field the heads of the lion and the eagle (from the Arms) are placed."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009