Last modified: 2015-01-17 by ivan sache
Keywords: adanero |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Adanero - Image by Eduardo Panizo Gómez (Vexilla Hispanica website), 30 March 2011
The municipality of Adanero (283 inhabitants in 2010; 3,100 ha; unofficial page) is located in the northeast of Ávila Province, 40 km of Ávila.
Adanero was granted on 15 May 1630 the title of villa by King Philip IV; Philip V changed on 22 September 1741 the title to villa libre, which was confirmed on 3 May 1753 by Ferdinand VI.
Pedro Núñez de Prado was made Count of Adanero on 12 March 1691 by Charles II.
Ivan Sache, 30 March 2011
The flag and arms of Adanero are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 29 September 1997 by the Provincial Government and published on 25 July 1998 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 18 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Quadrangular flag with proportions 1:1, crimson. In the middle of the flag is placed the municipal coat of arms in full colors.
Coat of arms: Shield in Spanish shape. Gules a tower or masoned sable port and windows azure on a terrace vert charged with two waves argent and azure ensigned with a warrior wearing a helmet with a feather armed with a sword and a shield surmounted with a Count's coronet. The shield surmounted with a Royal Spanish crown.
Ivan Sache, 29 March 2011