Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: luetzelbach | luetzel-wiebelsbach | parted per pale | lion(yellow) | chequered |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The banner is off-centred quartered of yellow and blue. The coat of arms is on the common point of all quarters.
administration seat: Lützel-Wiebelsbach
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 9 August 2006
Shield parted per pale; at dexter Gules a lion rampant Or, crowned, armed and tongued Azure; at sinister chequered of Argent and Azure.
The arms are based on the seal from 1229 of Conrad Reiz of Lützelbach. In 1956 different arms had been proposed for Lützel-Wiebelsbach, but the local council finally adopted the historical arms instead. The proposal was based on the only historical seal of the local council from the 18th century. It displayed a shield with two red bars, the arms of the Lords of Breuberg, former local rulers. In order to distinguish the arms a canting blue bar wavy (Bach = creek) was added in the proposal.
The symbols were approved on 5 July 1973 and before to former Lützel-Wiebelsbach municipality, which had been incorporated into Lützelbach, on 1 July 1973, on 20 March 1962. There it is still in use unofficially.
Source: Ralf Hartemink's webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 20 May 2017
back to Odenwald Cities and Municipalities Page click here