Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis neustadt an der waldnaab | beustadt an der waldnaab county | coat of arms: per pale (lion: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (stars: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (stars: 3) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 22 December 1954, confirmed 22 March 1977, flag adopted 21 June 1983
Yellow-blue-yellow stripes, adopted 21.06.1983. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 1 October 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on December 22, 1954 and confirmed on March 22, 1977.
The lion is the lion of the Pfalz, as a large part of the area was for many centuries ruled by the Counts of the Pfalz-Sulzbach. The tree stars are taken from the arms of the Princes of Lobkowitz, who owned the County of Störnstein in the modern county. The bars are the arms of the Counts of Leuchtenberg, who also had many possessions in the area, until they became extinct in 1647.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 12 January 2004