This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Blatnice pod Svatým Antonínkem (Czechia)

Hodonín okres, South Moravian region

Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: blatnice psa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Blatnice pod Svatým Antonínkem flag] by Jarig Bakker, 5 Oct 2004
adopted 21 Jun 1999 See also:

Blatnice pod Svatým Antonínkem flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1999) - Blatnice pod Svatým Antonínkem, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 21 Jun 1999.
2 195 inhabitants; The first written record of the village dates back to 1052, in 1366 it belonged to the Ostroh domain. Until the 18th century there were three ponds around the village. Intensification of agriculture and viticulture gradually changed the countryside. Waterfowls and hydrophytes disappeared being replaced by vineyards, fields and pastures. Famous vineyards used to be owned by Jesuits from Uherské Hradiště. J. A. Komenský owned a vineyard here in the 17th century as well.
At the beginning of the 20th century the village was famous for its folk art - manufacturing of mats and bags from bulrush.
Blatnice wine cellar Presently there is a protected area of wine cellars called Pod Starou horou producing mainly mellow white wines, the best-known of them being Blatnický Roháč.
The dominant of the village is a parish church of St. Andrew from 1717 with altar-piece by J. Úprka painted in 1887. A Tuscan column dedicated to the Virgin is another precious monument.
Well-known pilgrimages to the St. Antonínek hill have started after the Thirty Years' War, the chapel was built by Hatman from Lichtenstein in 1668 motivated by his Italian wife Eleanor who was an admirer of Antonín from Padua. The first pilgrimage is mentioned in 1671. The chapel was closed during the reign of Josef II, opened again in 1815 when emperor František I allowed local people to restore both the chapel with the stations of the Cross and the pilgrimages.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 5 Oct 2004

Blatnice pod Svatým Antonínkem Coat of Arms

[Blatnice pod Svatým Antonínkem Coat of Arms] by Jarig Bakker, 5 Oct 2004, after image on this site.