Last modified: 2023-04-08 by martin karner
Keywords: sulgen | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Split yellow with a red lion and red with a yellow cross.
The coat of arms/flag reflects the rulership, in that the village belonged partly to the Bürglen dominion and partly to the Kreuzlingen monastery. The colours symbolize the affiliation of the parish of Sulgen to the Pelagi monastery in Bischofszell.
On 1 January 1996 Sulgen merged with Donzhausen, Götighofen, Hessenreuti (see below) and some Hamlets to the new commune of Sulgen.
Divided by red and white with crenellated tower and wall in exchanged colours.
Until 1798, Donzhausen was an exclave of the Lordship of Berg, to which the tower refers. The red and white divided shield refers to the emblem of the Lords of Schönenberg.
Split of black and yellow, covered with a vine, right white with a grape and two leaves, left blue
with two grapes and one leaf.
The vine stands for viticulture, which has survived to this day. The colours show the historical relations to the St. Gallic rule of Hüttenschwil (black and white) and the rule of Bürglen (yellow-blue).
In blue a rampant yellow ram.
The ram comes from the coat of arms of Rudolf von Edagswil, who was lord of the Hessenreuti court at the beginning of the 14th century. The colours refer to the rule of Bürglen.