Last modified: 2023-03-25 by martin karner
Keywords: eschlikon | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In red a hanging yellow linden branch with leaves (2) and blossoms (2).
Before 1798, Eschlikon belonged to the High Court of Tuttwilerberg, which was subordinate to the bailiff. In the Middle Ages, the Thurgau district court often met under a linden tree in Eschlikon, which is symbolized by the linden branch. The colours red and yellow go back to the old colours of Thurgau.
In white two walking and looking red armed black bears with red mouths, on top of each other.
The two bears show the relations with the monastery of St. Gallen and the hospital of Wil that lasted until 1798.
On 1 January 1997 Wallenwil merged with Eschlikon.