Last modified: 2023-03-18 by martin karner
Keywords: münsterlingen | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In red a white cross patty reaching to the edges.
The emblem corresponds to the coat of arms of the former monastery of Münsterlingen.
On 1 January 1994 the new commune of Münsterlingen has been formed by the merger of Landschlacht and Scherzingen (see below). The name Münsterlingen was taken from the nearby monastery on the lake that existed from 986 to 1848, originally named Monasteriolum.
In white three (2,1) red hazel leaves.
Canting emblem, because Landschlacht means "long hazel grove". The colours refer to the monastery of Münsterlingen.
In red sixfold broken white zigzag diagonal bar.
Adoption of the coat of arms of the Counts of Heiligenberg in the colours of Münsterlingen Abbey.