Last modified: 2023-03-18 by martin karner
Keywords: langrickenbach | thurgau |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
In red, a white cross reaching to the edges, two white crowns at the top.
The coat of arms of Langrickenbach adopts the coat of arms of the cathedral chapter of Constance in reversed colours and also shows two crowns as a sign that Emperor Barbarossa already confirmed in 1155 that the church of Langrickenbach belonged to the cathedral chapter of Constance.
Since 1 January 1998 Langrickenbach has formed a new commune with Dünnershaus, Herrenhof, Schönenbaumgarten and Zuben (see below).
In red, sprinkled with 13 yellow roses, rampant left-turned yellow lion.
The lion shows that Dünnershaus stood as high court directly under the bailiff. The roses symbolize the 13 former farms of the municipality.
In black a yellow bear walking rampant left-turned, holding a white crown in its paws.
The Herrenhof ("manor of the lords") was the manor of the monastery of St. Gall. Therefore, the monastic coat of arms, the bear of Saint Gallus, is depicted in reversed colours. The crown says that the manor was originally a royal estate.
In red, sprinkled with yellow crosses patty, rampant walking white lion with yellow crown.
Adoption of the coat of arms of the Lords of Altenklingen, but in the colours of Münsterlingen Abbey and sprinkled with its coat of arms symbol, the cross patty.
Under white chief with red cross, in red a white bear's head.
The bear's head indicates the dominion of the monastery of St. Gall. The colours red and white indicate the former lord, the monastery of Münsterlingen. The head of the shield reveals that Zuben was a fief of the diocese of Constance.