This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Deux-Montagnes, Quebec (Canada)

Laurentides Region

Last modified: 2022-02-19 by rob raeside
Keywords: deux-montagnes | quebec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Deux-Montagnes flag] image by Masao Okazaki, 31 January 2022
based on image located by Dave Fowler, 30 January 2020

See also:

The Municipality

Deux-Montagnes is on the north shore of the Rivière des Mille Îles where it flows out of Lac des Deux Montagnes. It is the seat of the Deux-Montagnes Regional County Municipality in the greater Montreal region.

Description of the flag

There is a white flag with the logo (March 2001).
Luc Baronian, 22 May 2005

The flag shows the logo arranged on a white field.

About the logo:
This logo reflects the geographic and social characteristics of the City of Deux-Montagnes.

The two triangles represent the two mountains from which its name originates, namely the Calvaire Mountain and Saint-Joseph-du-Lac Hill. The wavy base at the bottom of each triangle is a reminder of the two waterways bordering Deux-Montagnes, namely Lake of Deux-Montagnes and the Mille-Îles River.

The overlapping triangles symbolize the exceptional community life and spirit of support that prevail on the territory. It’s also a recall of the close collaboration that exists between both of Deux-Montagnes linguistic communities, as 20% of its population is English-speaking while the other 80% is francophone.

The logo’s colours – green and blue – are an echo of Deux-Montagnes ecological vision and a reminder of one of the territory’s main attractions: nature. The green is for the Roger-Lemoine woodland, the trees, the bicycle path and the parks, the blue for the two waterways that border half the city.

The flag with a blue background:

Another flag:
Masao Okazaki, 30 January 2022

Centennial flag

[Deux-Montagnes flag] based on image located by Dave Fowler, 30 January 2020

The centennial flag in 2021 has a logo on white.
Dave Fowler, 30 January 2020

Former flag

[Deux-Montagnes flag] image by Masao Okazaki, 1 February 2022
based on photo

The red-white flag appears to be from a 1981 time capsule:
Masao Okazaki
, 31 January 2022

Régie de police du Lac des Deux-Montagnes

[Deux-Montagnes flag] image located by Dave Fowler, 30 January 2022

[Deux-Montagnes flag] image located by Dave Fowler, 30 January 2022

Flag is agency patch on white, with blue, white and green vertical stripes on the hoist and fly.
Dave Fowler, 30 January 2022