This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Salto de Pirapora, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-02-02 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | salto de pirapora |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Salto de Pirapora, SP (Brazil) image by Dirk Schönberger, 23 January 2013
Based on:

See also:

Description of the Flag

A white flag with the municipal arms in the centre.

Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 23 January 2013

The municipality of Salto de Pirapora (40,141 inhabitants in 2010; 08,031 ha) is located 120 km of São Paulo.

Salto de Pirapora was founded on 24 June 1906 on the left bank of river Pirapora, near a small waterfall ("salto"), by Antonio Maximiano Fidelis (aka Antonio Fogueteiro) and Felício Lencione. The next day, João de Góes erected a small chapel dedicated to St. John, the town's patron saint. On 6 October 1906, Father Luiz Sicluna celebrated the first mass. The district of Salto de Pirapora was established by Law No. 1,250 of 18 August 1911, as part of the municipality of Sorocaba. The municipality of Salto de Pirapora was established by Law No. 2,456 of 30 December 1953.

The symbols of Salto de Pirapora are prescribed in Article 3 of the Municipal Constitution, adopted on 12 May 1990 and last amended on 13 December 2011, as "the flag, the coat of arms and the anthem, representative of its culture and history". - Municipal Constitution

The flag is white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
Photo of the flag 

The coat of arms is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 6 of 6 November 1957. The coat of arms is "a Portuguese classic shield, azure a smoking lime kiln argent surrounded dexter with a branch of coffee and sinister by a panicle of rice the two proper, in base a river argent a chief vert a bull or, representing the Waterfalls ['Salto']. The shield surmounted by a five-towered mural crown argent. The shield surmounted by interlaced ribbons, dexter vert and or and sinister sable, argent and gules. Beneath the shield a scroll gules inscribed with the municipality' name in letters argent." - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 24 January 2013