Last modified: 2013-05-18 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | guapiara |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 3 April 2013
Guapiara originates in the establishment by Lourenço Albino de Macedo
of a small shop, located on the trail built by Vicente Romualdo da
Cruz. The village that developed nearby was named São José do
Paranapanema, for a chapel dedicated to St. Joseph. On 2 March 1881,
Vicente Romualdo da Cruz and his wife offered a part of their domain
to boost the development of the town. The district of São José de
Guapiara was established by Law No. 848 of 20 October 1902, as part of
the municipality of Capão Bonito, and renamed Guapiara by Law No. 975
of 20 December 1905.
The municipality of Guapiara was established by Law No. 233 of 24
http://www.guapiara.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Guapiara is white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.