Last modified: 2013-04-13 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | corumbataí |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Corumbataí originates in the inauguration in 1884 by "Companhia Rio
Claro de Estradas de Ferro" of the railway station of Corumbatahy,
located between Rio Claro and São Carlos. In the early years of the
20th century, the colonial nucleus "Dr. Jorge Tibiriçá" was set up on
the territory of the São José do Corumbataí Estate, owned by
"Companhia da Pequena Propriedade". In 1905, Engineer Tertuliano
Gonçalves was commissioned to draft the plan of the new settlement.
The district of Corumbataí was established on 17 December 1919.
The municipality of Corumbataí was established by State Law No. 233 of
24 December 1948.
http://www.corumbatai.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Corumbataí are prescribed in Article 4 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 30 March 1990, as "the flag, the coat of arms
and the anthem".
http://www.corumbatai.sp.gov.br/leis/Lei_organica.pdf - Municipal Constitution
The flag is shown on photos taken during sessions of the Municipal Council, but the details are not seen.
Ivan Sache, 27 March 2013