Last modified: 2013-12-07 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | arealva |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Arealva was founded in 1867 by Antônio Manuel, João Cândido, Victor
Belarmino Prestes, José Fernandes do Prado and Gasparino de Quadros.
The village was originally named Soturna, for an island of the same
name located in nearby river Tietê. The district of Soturna was
established on 20 December 1911, as part of the municipality of
Pederneiras, and transferred on 24 December 1924 to the newly
established municipality of Iacanga. Soturna, together with Iacanga,
was reincorporated to Pederneiras in 1927.
The municipality of Arealva was established by State Law No. 233 of 24
December 1948 and inaugurated on 1 April 1949. The municipality is
named for "areia alva", "light-coloured sand", referring to the
beaches of Soturna island.
http://www.arealva.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Arealva are prescribed in Article 4 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 1 April 1990 (as Municipal Law No. 938) as
"the coat of arms, the flag and the anthem".
The flag is white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
Photos of the flag
Ivan Sache, 12 March 2013