This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Uniflor, Paraná (Brazil)

Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | uniflor |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Uniflor (Paraná), PR (Brazil)] image by Ivan Sache, 9 February 2022
See also: 

About the Flag

The municipality of Uniflor (2,614 inhabitants in 2020; 9,482 ha) is located 430 km north-west of Curitiba.

Uniflor was established in 1945 by Companhia Melhoramentos Norte do Paraná during the exploration of "Newest North". Through the newly established English Roads, the engineer reached a place located 10 km north of Capelinha (today, Nova Esperança), suitable to establish the new settlement of Uniflor.
On 5 October 1950, Mário Mandadori, a farmer from Marialva hired by Antonio Cãndido, Uniflor's first landowner, to establish a coffee plantation. At the end of the year, Alício Arantes established a collective transport system between Uniflor and Capelinha.
The municipality of Uniflor was established by State Law No. 4,338 promulgated on 25 January 1961.

Uniflor ("single flower") was named by the engineers of Companhia Melhoramentos Norte do Paraná after a drought period had reduced vegetation to a single flower. Accordingly, they named the river and the settlement to Uniflor. There is, however, no written source backing up this etymology, which should rather be considered as a nice local legend.
Municipal Law no. 375 promulgated on 19 April 1979 changed the names of the town's streets to flower's names and prescribed the town's official motto "Uniflor - Cidade Jardim" (Uniflor - Garden Town).
Municipal website

The flag of Uniflor is horizontally divided yellow-white-yellow-white-yellow with a green triangle placed along the hoist and charged with a white disc inscribing the municipal coat of arms.


Ivan Sache, 9 February 2022