Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | palmital |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Palmital (13,172 inhabitants in 2019; 81,589 ha) is
located 400 km west of Curitiba.
Palmital was established on 25 March 1929 by a group of 15 colonists led by Maximiliano Vicentin. The fall of price of yerba mate had forced Vicentin to close his shop located on river Capivari, close to Campina de Simão. On their way, the colonists established several settlements: Pinhal do Corvo, Queixo da Anta, Rio Guaraipó, Queixo de TatÍto, Saga Funda, and, eventually, Palmital. The new settlement was named for the abundance of palm trees in the area.
The flag of Palmital is diagonally divided per bend, green-blue-yellow, with the municipal arms centered on the blue field inside a white oval.
Ivan Sache, 6 February 2022