Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | guaporema |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 2 February 2022
The municipality of Guaporema (2,216 inhabitants in 2010; 20,018 ha) is
located 550 km north-west of Curitiba.
Guaporema was settled in 1948 by colonists coming from São Paulo and Rio Grande do Sul. Plots located on the banks of river Ivaí were sold by Companhia São José, de Scrivan Lemos e Cia to develop coffee cultivation.
Originally part of the municipality of Peabiru, Guaporema was elevated in 1953 a district of Rondon. The municipality of Guaporema was inaugurated on 25 January 1961.
The flag of Guaporema is vertically divided blue-white-green, the white stripe broader, charged in the center with the municipal coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 2 February 2022