Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | engenheiro beltrão |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Engenheiro Beltrão (14,314 inhabitants in 2017; 46,726
ha) is located 450 km north-west of Curitiba.
Engenheiro Beltrão was established in the 1930s by Sociedade Técnica e Colonizadora Engenheiro Beltrão, led by Engineer Francisco Gutierrez Beltrão. The name of the town was adopted in 1949.
In 2000, the municipality adopted pururuca piglet as the town's official typical dish. The Pururuca Piglet Festival celebrates every year the town's political emancipation. Prepared since 2001 by the same team of cooks, pururuca piglet has to be marinated for 10 hours and then cooked on embers for another 6 hours.
The flag of Engenheiro Beltrão is yellow with the municipal coat of arms in the center.
Ivan Sache, 2 February 2022