Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | cidade gaúcha |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Cidade Gaúcha (12,503 inhabitants in 2018; 40,300 ha) is
located 550 km north-west of Curitiba.
Cidade Gaúcha was established in 1952, during the coffee boom, by Imobiliária Ypiranga de Boralli & Held. The district of Cidade Gaúcha was established as part of the the municipality of Rondon by Municipal Law No. 12 promulgated on 25 April 1955, to be elevated a municipality separated from Rondon and Cruzeiro do Oeste by State Law No. 4,245 promulgated on 25 July 1960. The municipality was inaugurated on 15 November 1961.
The flag of Cidade Gaúcha is diagonally divided per bend sinister, green-white-green, with the municipal arms centered on the white stripe.
Ivan Sache, 1 February 2022