Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | centenário do sul |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Centenário do Sul (11,279 inhabitants in 2016; 37,184 ha)
is located on the border with the state of São Paulo, 450 km north-west of
Centenário do Sul was established in 1943-1944. Pio Esteves Martins built a first ranch in 1945. On 20 August 1945, engineer Casimir Leão and land surveyor Margarido delimited plots offered to new colonists. The place was named for river Centenário and its southern location.
The district of Centenário do Sul was established in 1947 within the new municipality of Jaguapitã. The municipality of Centenário do Sul was established by State Law No. 790 promulgated on 14 November 1951 and inaugurated on 14 December 1952.
The municipal flag of Centenário do Sul shall be divided in eight green quarters by eight red stripes superimposed by white stripes, placed two by two in the horizontal and vertical dimensions, per bend and per bend sinister, starting from a white central circle inscribing the municipal coat of arms.
The style of the flag obeys the Portuguese heraldic tradition of which we inherited canons and rules; the flags should be divided in eight, six, four or three parts, with the same colors as in the field of the coat of arms, charged in the center with a geometric figure inscribing the coat of arms.
Obying the same tradition, the central coat of arms symbolizes the municipal government, while the circle inscribing it represents the town proper, as the municipal seat. The stripes symbolize the municipal power spreading to all the parts of the territory, while the quarters represent the rural estates existing on the municipal territory.
The municipal flag shall have the dimensions officially prescribed for the national flag.
Green, white and red are adopted as the municipality's representative official colors, which can be used without any restriction.
Ivan Sache, 1 February 2022