Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | cafezal do sul |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Cafezal do Sul (4,285 inhabitants in 2019; 33,621 ha) is
located 600 km north-east of Curitiba.
Cafezal do Sul was established in 1952 by Colonizadora Cafezal, which acquired 18,000 alqueiras from the state of Paraná. The first colonists were Cipriano José da Silva, José Felix Santana, Zé Canção and João Barbosa. Manoel Ribeiro Coutinho built the first wooden house in 1953.
The district of Cafezal was established, as part of the municipality of Iporã, by Municipal Law No. 32 promulgated on 28 September 1967. The municipality of Cafezal do Sul was established by State Law No. 9,345 promulgated on 20 July 1990.
The flag of Cafezal do Sul is diagonally divided blue-green by a yellow diagonal stripe running from the lower hoist to the upper fly, superimposed in the center with a white disc inscribing the municipal coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 1 February 2022