This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Boa Esperança, Paraná (Brazil)

Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | boa esperança |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Boa Esperança, PR (Brazil)] image by Ivan Sache, 31 January 2022
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Boa Esperança (4,568 inhabitants in 2010; 30,738 ha) is located 500 km west of Curitiba.

Boa Esperança was originally named Barreiro do Oeste (West Clay), as a reference to the roads that became mud rivers after massive rain events. The district of Barreiro do Oeste was established by State Law No. 613 promulgated on 27 January 1951, to be elevated a municipality by State Law No. 4,844 promulgated 6 March 1964. Separated from Janiópolis and MamborÍ, the new municipality was renamed to Boa Esperança (Good Hope) upon request of the inhabitants, who wanted to express their optimism for the future once the initial difficulties were gone.

https://boaesperanca.pr.gov.br/
Municipal website

The flag of Boa Esperança is green, charged in the center with a white horizontal stripe superimposed with another red stripe, and with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the municipal coat of arms.

Photo
https://www.facebook.com/BoaEsperancaPR/photos/4142832689136383/

Ivan Sache, 31 January 2022