Last modified: 2012-03-17 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | nova santa rosa | bicolor: diagonal (white | red) | star (blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Joseph McMillan
The flag is divided lower hoist to upper fly, white over
red, with a dark blue star in the upper hoist.
Joseph McMillan, 13 March 2003
The municipality of Nova Santa Rosa (7,125 inhabitants in 2010; 205 sq. km) is located in western Paraná, 600 km of Curitiba. The municipality is made of the town of Santa Rosa proper and of the districts of Alto Santa Fé (707 inh.), Planalto do Oeste (926 inh.) and Vila Cristal (102 inh.). Nova Santa Rosa's colonization started on 19 September 1954. The colonists were mostly of German origin, as is today 90% of the population of the municipality. The settlement was named for the municipality of origin of the settlers, Santa Rosa (Rio Grande do Sul); the streets of the new settlement were named for the districts of Santa Rosa. The municipality of Nova Santa Rosa was established on 20 June 1973 by State Law No. 9, confirmed on 29 April 1976 by President of the Republic Ernesto Geisel. Established from parts of the municipalities of Marechal Cândido Rondon, Palotina, Terra Roxa and Toledo, the new municipality was inaugurated on 1 February 1977.
The flag of Nova Santa Rosa was designed by the vexillologist and heraldist Arthur Luponi. White represents the spirit of peace, friendship, loyalty, fairness, integrity and truth. Red represents valor, honor, audacity, intrepidness, struggle, valiance, magnanimity, triumph and charity. The cobalt blue star represents the municipality and symbolizes self-determination, safe governance and material aspiration.
http://www.novasantarosa.pr.gov.br/cidade.php?idSelect=4 - Municipal
Ivan Sache, 20 February 2012