Last modified: 2020-12-05 by ivan sache
Keywords: berat | kuçovë | poliçan | skrapar | ura vajgurore |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Berac County - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 2 October 2020
Berat County (122,003 inhabitants in 2020; 17,980 ha) is composed of the municipalities of Berat, Kuçovë, Poliçan, Skrapar, and Ura Vajgurore.
Valentin Poposki, 3 September 2020
The flag of Berat County, as confirmed by the county administration, is white with the county's coat of arms.
Valentin Poposki, 1 October 2020
Flag of Berat, two versions - Images by Tomislav Šipek, 17 March 2018
The municipality of Berat is located in south-central Albania. As of 2006, the town has an estimated population of around 65,000 people. The old town was inscribed on the World Heritage List in July 2008.
The flag of Berat (photo, photo, photo) is white with the town's coat of arms in the center, sometimes with the municipality's name written beneath. "Bashkia" means "Municipality".
Aleksandar Nemet & Tomislav Šipek, 17 March 2018
Flag of Kuçovë - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 21 March 2018
The flag of Kuçovë (photo) is white with the municipal coat of arms in the center and the municipality's name written beneath. "Bashkia" means "Municipality".
Tomislav Šipek, 21 March 2018
Flag of Poliçan - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 23 March 2018
The municipality of Poliçan (10,953 inhabitants in 2015; 27,202 ha) is located 25 km south-east of Berat. The municipality was established in 2015 as the merger of the former municipalities of Poliçan (4,318 inh.), Tërpan (1,716 inh.) and Vërtop (4,919 inh.).
Poliçan is a main center of armament production. The Mechanical Combine
in Poliçan (MC Poliçan) is a state enterprise, established in 1962 in
order to accomplish the Albanian Armed Forces demands on armament. In
the period 1962-1966 the production line of 7.62 x 39 mm ammunition
(Kalashnikov) was set up, 82 mm mortar ammunition, offensive and
defensive grenades, as well as anti-personnel mines. In the period
1970-1972 the anti-tank mine line was installed in the existing
building, whereas the 180 mm firework line was placed in a new building.
In the period 1977-1985 a deep reconstruction of the machinery and
equipment coming from Switzerland and Austria was undertaken, to enable the manufacture of ammunition caliber 12.7 x 99 mm and 14.5 x 51 mm, as well as mortar ammunition with caliber 60, 107 and 120 mm. Currently the
company produces ammunition of pistol type Makarov and Parabellum with
caliber 19 mm. The company has great potential to produce for the
civilians, especially iron and steel foundry products.
[Ministry of Defence]
Vërtop is the birth place of Jani Vruho (1863-1931), a prominent member of the Albanian National Awakening Movement. He spent most of his life in Cairo (Egypt), where he published newspapers in Albanian language.
The flag of Poliçan (photo) is white with the municipal coat of arms in the center. "Bashkia" means "Municipality".
On the emblem, the mount represent the hills that surround the town and are said to be the origin of its name; the cog wheels refers to Poliçan as an industrial town.
Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 23 March 2018
Flag of Skrapar - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 30 March 2018
The municipality of Skrapar (19,103 inhabitants in 2017; 83,144 ha) is located 70 km south-east of Berat. The municipality was established in 2015 as the merger of the former municipalities of Bogovë (1,098 ha), Çepan (740 ha), Çorovodë (4,051 ha; seat of the new municipality), Gjerbës (813 inh.), Leshnjë (498 inh.), Potom (897 ha), Qendër Skrapar (3,545 ha), Vendreshë (984 inh.) and Zhepë (779 inh.).
The flag of Skrapar (photo, photo) is white with the municipal coat of arms in the center. The writing indicates that it must be the flag of the former municipality of Çorovodë. "Bashkia" means "Municipality".
The emblem features the Kasabashi bridge.
The Kasabashi bridge is a cultural monument with rare architectural value. Built in 1640 by the main architect of the Ottoman Empire, Reis Mimar Kasëm (Architect Kasëmi) whose origin was from the village of Grëmshi in the surrounding area of Mt. Tomorr, the bridge is 25 meters long, 3 meters wide and has three arches. While the large arch has a diameter of 12 meters, the two other arches are smaller. During Turkish rule the bridge made communication easier with the neighboring provinces of Korçë and Berat. Kasabashi bridge was granted the status of a first class cultural monument.
[Visit Skrapar website, Visit Skrapar website]
Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 2 Avril 2018
Flag of Ura Vajgurore - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 22 March 2018
The flag of Ura Vajgurore (photo) is white with the municipal coat of arms in the center.
Tomislav Šipek, 22 March 2018