This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bar (Vynnytsia, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2011-03-19 by andrew weeks
Keywords: bar | vinnytsia | vynnytsia | sun | key | bari |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Бар

(2:3)
from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry



See also:


The Flag

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed in December, 14th, 1999 by the decision of XII city council session of XXII convocation. Rectangular panel with a ratio of the sides as 2:3 consists of three horizontal strips - crimson, blue and orange, with a parity of their parties as 1:2:1, in the center of the blue strip is the arms of city. Crimson color is connected to color of Podillya regiment flags fight in 1410 near Hrunval'd, blue means will, freedom and independence, and orange is color of ripe wheat, dense honey."
Dov Gutterman, 27 January 2006


Coat of Arms


from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed in December, 14th, 1999 by the decision of XII city council session of XXII convocation. Per fess; azure, or sixteen-beam sun with the face; gules, or key eyes to the right (bit is executed in the form of letters "BS"), around of kee is or contour of the fortress. The authors are Yu.Telega, M.Joltuhovs'kyi, A.Chornyi, P.Tymoshenko, S.Navrots'kyi.
Letters "BS" were on the first arms of the Bar in 1540. It also specifies the city owner - queen Bona Sphortsa. The city together with the Bar fortress were "a key from East Podillya". The or sun specifies an accessory of the Bar to Podillya.
A.Grechylo, "Coats-of-arms and Flags of Towns and Villages in Ukraine", Pt.1"
Dov Gutterman, 27 January 2006


The City

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"The first mention refers to 1425 under the name of Rov. Since 1537 it belonged to the Polish queen Bona Sphortsa. At the same time it was renamed in Bar in honor of the Italian town Bari - motherland of the queen."
Dov Gutterman, 27 January 2006