This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Artemivs'k (Lugans'k, Ukraine)

Artemivs'k

Last modified: 2011-03-19 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lugansk | luhansk | artemivs'k | artyomievsk |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Артемівськ

(1:1)
image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry



See also:


Overview

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed at June, 17th, 2005 by the decision of city council session. The square panel divided from the staff bottom corner to the top free corner by a white strip (width in 1/4 of the gonfalon side) on green (from a staff) and red triangles. On the green part is white old oak with acorns; on the white strip are three black square facetted jewels.
Artemivs'k was found as Katerynivka village in 1910 nearby to railway station Kypyche (Vigorous) on the lands covered by oak groves, near outputs of coal layers on a surface. In 1912 there were given out the first party of coal - 45 poods (737kg) from a "Diamond" mine. Since October, 1938, city carries the modern name. Znak N36, 2005."
Dov Gutterman, 9 November 2005

In Russian - Artyomovsk (formerly - Bakhmut) and in Ukrainian - Artemivs`k. It came from bolsheviks-party pseudonim Artyom (real name Fyodor Sergeev).
Mikhail Revnivtsev, 10 November 2005


Coat of Arms


image from Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed at June, 17th, 2005 by the decision of city council session. Argent overturned chevron, on it are three sable facetted jewels, in the top vert part is argent old oak with acorns, below it is gules part. The emblem adorned by or decorative cartouche and crowned by argent city crown. Below it are crosswised argent pick and hammer with or prongs, twisted by green tape with white and black strips along edges and a white inscription "ARTEMIVS'K". The authors are A.Zakoretsky and S.Kartashov.
The oak and vert field specify, that 100 years ago in this plase grew oak groves with huge thick oaks. Three first mines are displayed by three sable facetted squares (jewels). The first layer of coal from which has begun industrial extraction, had the name "Diamond". Overturned chevron means the special mountain-geological structure of mine. Argent and gules means first white and red city houses. Hammer and pick are the instrument of miners. The general concept of the arms - an arrangement of settlement near three mines on a place oak groves on deposits of coal."
Dov Gutterman, 9 November 2005