This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bodrum (District Municipality, Turkey)

Last modified: 2017-05-21 by ivan sache
Keywords: bodrum | bitez | gümüşlük | konacık | mumcular | ortakent yahşi | turgutreis | yalı | yalıkavak |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Municipality flag]

Flag of Bodrum - Image by Jens Pattke, 2 October 2012


See also:


Flag of Bodrum

The flag of Bodrum (photo) is white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".

Tomislav Šipek, 2 October 2012


Flags displayed in Bodrum castle

Bodrum caslt diplays several flags (replicas), including:
Ottoman flags (photo), from left to right:
- a flag of Algerian pirates;
- the flag given to Osman I by the Seljuk sultan Mesud II (1289);
- an Ottoman naval flag (16th c.);
- an Ottoman army flag (16th c.);
- an Ottoman army flag (17th c.).
Banners of arms of Grand Masters of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem (photo), from left to roght:
- Fabrizio del Carretto (1513-1521);
- Emery d'Amboise (1503-1512);
- Pierre d'Aubusson (1476-1503);
- Jacques de Milly (1545-1461).

Esteban Rivera, 18 October 2010


BB Bodrumspor

[Flag]

Flag of BB Bodrumspor - Image by Ivan Sache, 4 December 2016

BB Bodrumspor (Bodrum Belediyesi Bodrum Spor Kulübü) was established in 1931 as Bodrumspor; the club's name was updated when taken over by the municipality of Bodrum in 1998.
The flag of BB Bodrumspor (photo, photo, photo) is white with the club's emblem. The emblem features the same elements as the municipal emblem.

Ivan Sache, 4 December 2016


Former municipalities

Bitez

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Bitez - Image by Jens Pattke, 26 May 2015

The flag of Bitez (photo) was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".

Tomislav Šipek, 14 May 2013


Gümüşlük

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Gümüşlük - Image by Jens Pattke, 31 May 2015

The former municipality of Gümüşlük (4,046 inhabitants in 2013) is located 25 km of Bodrum.

The flag of Gümüşlük (photo) was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".
The emblem of the former municipality featured two arches representing the ancient town of Myndos.

Myndos, known through its coins and the quite frequent mention made of it by ancient historians and geographers, was inhabited by a Greek colony from Troezen. It was situated on the coast of Caria, lying a little north-west of Halicarnassus on the most northerly of the three Dorian peninsulas. Although a seaport and fortified town, its ride was an unimportant one, the chief event in its history being that, aided by Halicarnassus, it repulsed an attack by Alexander the Great. The Notitiæ episcopatuum allude to it as late as the 12th or 13th century as one of the suffragan sees of Stauropolis. However, only four of its bishops are known: Archelaus, who attended the Council of Ephesus in 431; Alphius, who assisted at the Council of Chalcedon in 451; John who was present at the Council of Constantinople in 680; and another John who went to the Second Council of Nicæa in 787. The remains of a pier and some other ruins are to be seen.
[The Catholic Encyclopedia]

Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 25 March 2016


Konacık

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Konacık - Image by Jens Pattke, 3 June 2015

The former municipality of Konacık (11,104 inhabitants in 2011) is located just south-east of Bodrum.

The flag of Konacık was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".
The emblem of the former municipality features columns representing the ruins of the old town of Padasa.

Newly opened to the public, Pedasa has two separate sets of ruins. First off there are the fortifications ringing the hilltop acropolis and enclosing the remains of shops, houses, even a palace, and then there are the ruins of a temple to Athena, a guard-house and a stretch of paved Roman road at the bottom of the hill. As so often at sites with histories as long as this one, there's little left of the Lelegian presence although the lower parts of the walls are believed to date back to the seventh century B.C. Instead, most of what remains today dates from the later Roman occupation.
It was Herodotus who first mentioned the Lelegians, a people, he said, who had first settled in the area south of Troy and then migrated towards Halicarnassus (Bodrum) after the end of the Trojan War. It was only in 2008 that an inscription found inside the ancient temple confirmed that this was indeed the site of Pedasa.
[Sunday's Zaman, 14 July 2013]

Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 25 March 2016


Mumcular

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Mumcular - Image by Jens Pattke, 4 June 2015

The flag of Mumcular (photo) was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".

Tomislav Šipek, 20 May 2013


Ortakent Yahşi

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Ortakent Yahşi - Image by Jens Pattke, 5 June 2015

The flag of Ortakent Yahşi was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".

Tomislav Šipek, 20 May 2013


Turgutreis

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Turgutreis - Image by Jens Pattke, 7 June 2015

The flag of Turgutreis (photo) was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".

Tomislav Šipek, 20 May 2013


Yalı

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Yalı - Image by Jens Pattke, 5 June 2015

The flag of Yalı (photo) was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".

Tomislav Šipek, 21 May 2013


Yalıkavak

[Municipality flag]

Flag of Yalıkavak - Image by Jens Pattke, 9 June 2015

The former municipality of Yalıkavak (8,701 inhabitants in 2007) is located at the northern tip of the Bodrum peninsula, 20 km of Bodrum.

The flag of Yalıkavak was white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".
The emblem features the Yalıkavak windmill (photo, photo), built in 1859 and restored in 2005 using original technology.

Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 25 March 2016