Last modified: 2008-08-30 by alex danes
Keywords: partidul unităţii naţionale române |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Marcus Schmöger, 13 January 2007
The PUNR was a right-wing party, founded in 1990 and absorbed by the
Conservative Party (PC) in 2006. It was represented in the parliament from
1990-2000, being the fourth-largest party in the 1996-2000 parliament.
The party symbol showed an outline of the map of Romania, a large stylized "VR" and the party abbreviation. The symbols were described in the statute [http://www.punr.ro/simbolistica.htm]:
"(2) Partidul Unitatii Natiunii Romane (P.U.N.R.) are drapel, imn si insemn. Insemnul partidului este si semnul electoral. Drapelul, insemnul partidului si semnul electoral se aproba de catre Congres. Imnul se stabileste de catre Biroul Permanent Central, la propunerea Consiliului Consultativ Central, si se aproba de Consiliul National.
(3) Drapelul Partidului Unitatii Natiunii Romane (P.U.N.R.) este confectionat din panza de matase, de culoare galbena, raportul dimensiunilor – latime/lungime – fiind de 2/3. Central, pe ambele fete, este amplasat insemnul partidului.
(4) Insemnul Partidului Unitatii Natiunii Romane (P.U.N.R.) este “V.R.” in interiorul conturului tarii noastre, sub care se afla initialele partidului - P.U.N.R. Initialele “V” si “R” se constituie intr-o intreita semnificatie: stravechea Vatra Romana de etnogeneza, Virtutile Romanitatii si nu in ultimul rand, Viitorul Romaniei. El simbolizeaza stabilitatea, continuitatea si forta de renastere nationala, purtand credinta in fiinta colectiva ca resursa morala indestructibila.
(2) The Romanian National Unity Party (PUNR) has flag, anthem and symbol. The symbol of the party is also electoral symbol. Flag, party symbol and electoral symbol are approved by the Congress. The anthem is determined by the Permanent Central Bureau, on proposal by the Central Consultative Council, and approved by the National Council.
(3) The flag of the Romanian National Unity Party (PUNR) is manufactured from a cloth of silk, of yellow colour, ratio of the dimensions - width/length - being 2/3. In the center, on both sides, the symbol of the party is placed.
(4) The symbol of the Romanian National Unity Party (PUNR) is "V.R." in the interior of the contours of our country, under which there are the initials of the party - P.U.N.R. The initials "V" and "R" are constituting a threefold meaning: the ancient Roman Hearth of the ethnogenesis, the Virtues of Romanianness, and not the least, the future of Romania. It symbolizes stability, continuity and power for national rebirth, carrying belief in the collective existence as indestructible moral resource.
I have only a low-quality photograph of the party flag [http://www.pndro.ro/images/PRES/chelaru.jpg], therefore my gif has to be designated as reconstruction. The flag was yellow and showed the party symbol in the center of a light blue rectangle.
Marcus E.V. Schmöger, 13 January 2007