Last modified: 2011-02-12 by editor unassigned
Keywords: walce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Arms and flag adopted on March 3, 2003 (resolution # VI/31/03).
"Arms: on an old French style shield, vertically divided, on the right
gold field is a black half-eagle of the Silesian Piast Dynasty (Henryk-line).
On the left, light-blue, field there is an image of Święty Walenty (Saint Valentine).
Great Arms of Walce has two female supporters - a women in the traditional Upper Silesian folk costume and a sister of Ordo Praemonstratensis (Norbertanki).
The last ones were the owners of the area in 1193.
Flag: reflects the colors of the Arms: silver (white), light-blue, yellow
and black in the arrangement of vertical bands. White band has to be always
at the hoist.
(Proof sheet attached in the addendum to the resolution)."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 22 Oct 2008