This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bartniczka rural district (Poland)

Brodnica county, Kujawsko-pomorskie voivodship

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: bartniczka |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Bartniczka flag] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009
adopted 15 May 2009; design: Dr. Krzysztof Mikulski See also:

Bartniczka rural district

Bartniczka - rural commune, Brodnica County, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodship - oldest name: Bartnicka (1755); older name: Bartniczki (1879); German name: Bartnitzka; older name of the commune: gmina Grążawy (until 2004).
Gmina Bartniczka is a rural commune in Brodnica County, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodship, in north-central Poland. Its seat is the village of Bartniczka, which lies approximately 14 kilometres (9 mi) east of Brodnica and 70 km (43 mi) east of Toruń.
Area: 83.35 sq.km (32.2 sq.mi); Population: 4,570 (2006).
A typical agricultural commune famous for beekeeping.

In 1303, the Kuyavian Prince - Leszek - gave the area to the Teutonic Knights.
In 1446 it was included in the Crown of Poland.
In 1774 - under Prussian occupation following the partition of Poland.
1807-15 - within Grand Duchy of Warsaw.
1815 - back to the Prussians.
1918 - back to Poland.

The brand new Arms and flag adopted on May 15, 2009 (resolution # XXII/109/09).
"Arms: on the blue field an old-style beehive in the trunk of the tree. On both sides of it, three golden bees - one on the right and two on the left.
Flag: a blue rectangle in the ratio 5:8 with the Arms in its middle."
The author of the project is Dr. Krzysztof Mikulski of the Copernicus University in Torun.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009


Arms

[Bartniczka rural district coat of arms] image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 24 Jun 2009
adopted 15 May 2009; design: Dr. Krzysztof Mikulski