Last modified: 2011-03-19 by ivan sache
Keywords: khashuri | cross: patty (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag and arms of Khashuri - Images communicated by The State Council of Heraldry at the Parliament of Georgia, 25 January 2011
The municipality of Khashuri is located in the Shida Kartli Region (central Georgia). Khashuri was first mentioned in a document dated 1693. Located on the Mtkvari River, modern Khashuri was founded in 1872 as a modest railway halt called "Mikhaylovo" after Grand Duke Michael Nikolaevich of Russia, Viceroy of the Caucasus. In 1917, it was renamed Khashuri. Granted a town status in 1921, the town was known as Stalinisi after Joseph Stalin from 1928 to 1934.
Jens Pattke, 17 May 2010
The flag and arms of Khashuri are prescribed by Decree No. 6, adopted on 27 April 2010 by the Municipal Council.
The State Council of Heraldry at the Parliament of Georgia, 25 January 2011
The flag is red with a white division shaped as an horizontal "Y" and a white "Georgian" cross patty in the hoist's triangle.
The flag must have been derived from the municipal coat of arms, "Gules a pall argent and in chief a cross patty of the second and overall an escutcheon azure a wall issuant from the base throughout or masoned sable and overall a hooded cloak of the second. The shield surmounted by a three-towered mural crown argent fimbriated sable. Under the shield a scroll argent fimbriated sable charged with the name of the town in Georgian capital letters sable.
Ivan Sache & António Martins, 17 May 2010