Last modified: 2008-07-19 by rob raeside
Keywords: royal western yacht club | rwyc |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The Royal Western Yacht Club's burgee is a double of the
Royal Bermuda Yacht Club burgee.
Clay Moss, 18 May 2007
Some of the less obvious privileges of membership of the Royal Western Yacht
Club of England in 1909. Most were probable associated with the club's plain
Blue Ensign, which was listed as one of the privileges.
1. Free of Port Charges in Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, France, Greece, Hanover, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden and Syria.
2. In the United Kingdom; free of duty in bond warehouse.
3. Use of government buoys, when not in use, with permission of Naval Authority.
4. Free of Coasting Licence for moving property in yachts.
5. Spars from HM Dockyard on application to Admiral-Superintendent.
David Prothero, 24 January 2008