This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Val-de-Marne (Department, France): Yacht clubs

Last modified: 2012-10-14 by ivan sache
Keywords: val-de-marne | basse marne | chevron (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


Cercle de la Voile de la Basse Marne

[Burgee of CVBM]

Burgee of CVBM - Image by Ivan Sache, 18 December 2004

Cercle de la Voile de la Basse Marne (CVBM, website) is based in Créteil, in the lower (basse) valley of the river Marne, close to its confluence with the Seine.
The today's clubhouse of CVBM was in the past a guinguette called L'Arche de Noé (Noah's Ark). The forerunner of CVBM was the Société Nautique du Tour de Marne, which leased canoes and sailing boats to the happy customers of the guinguettes.

During the Second World War, the guinguette was settled by members of the anti-German resistance. In May 1944, it was the headquarters of the free corps Cristolus (the Latin name of Créteil), a branch of the Vengeance (Revenge) movement, which was subsequently incorporated into the 10th Infantry Division commanded by General Pierre Billotte and took part to the seizure of Hitler's Eagle's Nest in Berchtesgaden.

The burgee of the CVBM is blue with a white chevron and a red lozenge at hoist.

Ivan Sache, 18 December 2004