This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Plüdershausen (Germany)

Gemeinde Plüdershausen, Rems-Murr Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: pluedershausen | attire | cross(fleury) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Plüdershausen banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Oct 2013
approved 27 July 1960 See also:

Municipality of Plüdershausen

Plüdershausen Banner

Description of banner:
It is a yellow - red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 20 July 2003 several times alongside the two main cross roads.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Oct 2013

Plüdershausen Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a red shield is a silver (= white) cross fleury. The shield has a golden (= yellow) chief, superimposed by a black attire.
Meaning:
The charges could be seen already in a local seal from 1751, but the shield was divided per fess. The attire is symbolizing the rule of Württemberg. The meaning of the cross is not certain. It might allude either to the very distinctive local church or to the possessions of the monasteries of Elchingen, Lorch and Adelberg in the village. The shield was modified by shifting the line between the charges to the top before 1939, thus creating a chief.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

The banner was approved on 27 July 1960 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 693/1966. He also confirmed the coat of arms with chief finally on 27 June 1972.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Oct 2013


back to Rems-Murr cities and municipalities click here