This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Schladen-Werla Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Schladen-Werla, Landkreis Wolfenbüttel, Lower Saxony

Last modified: 2017-09-07 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: schladen-werla | gielde | hornburg | schladen | werlaburgdorf | embattled | oak | annulet | horn | lion(white) | eagle(blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Schladen-Werla municipal flag] 1:1 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017
See also:

Schladen-Werla Municipality (SG)

Schladen-Werla Flag

It is an armourial flag (banner of arms).
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Schladen-Werla Municipality, version 9 November 2016
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017

Schladen-Werla Coat of Arms

Shield Argent; an eradicated, acorned oak Vert; in base a barrulet wavy Vert; plain, embattled chief Vert.
Meaning:
The chief is alluding to the local Königspfalz Werla near Werlaburgdorf. That had been a temporary, secondary seat of the German kings in the Holy Roman Empire. The barrulet wavy is symbolising little Warne River. The oak is referring to the local forests. Schladen-Werla was established on 1 November 2013, when the City of Hornburg and the three municipalities of Schladen Comprhensive Municipality merged. The seat of the new municipality is Schladen.
Source: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Schladen-Werla Municipality, version 9 November 2016 and
German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017


Gielde Village

inhabitants 845
coat of arms approved on 30 June 1960 according to Rabbow
flags approved on 30 June 1965 according to the Main State Archive Hannover
Source: Rabbow 2003 and Main State Archive Hannover
Jörg Majewski, 22 Sep 2007

Gielde Flag

[Gielde village flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 22 Sep 2007

It is a red over yellow horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is slightly shifted to the hoist.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 22 Sep 2007

Gielde Banner

[Gielde village banner] 8:3 image by Jörg Majewski, 22 Sep 2007

It is a red-yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 22 Sep 2007

Gielde Coat of Arms

[Gielde CoA] image by Jörg Majewski, 22 Sep 2007

Shield Gules a bar Argent, superimposed by an annulet Or, sprouting from annulet three oak leaves Or.
Meaning:
The arms are alluding to the "Oak of Gielde", standing on the area of a graveyard from the 2nd century.
Source: municipal webpage Schladen-Werla
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017


Hornburg Village


inhabitants 2,671
coat of arms approved on 30 January 1990
plain flags approved in 1948
Source: Rabbow 2003 and Main State Archive Hannover
Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

Hornburg Plain Flag

[Hornburg vcity flag wo/ CoA] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

It is a green over red horizontal bicolour.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

Hornburg Flag with Coat of Arms

[Hornburg vcity flag w/ CoA] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

It is a green over red horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

Hornburg Plain Banner

[Hornburg city banner wo/ CoA] 8:3 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

It is a green-red vertical bicolour.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

Hornburg Banner with Coat of Arms

[Hornburg city banner w/ CoA] 8:3 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

It is a green-red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

Hornburg Coat of Arms

[Hornburg city CoA] image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Sep 2007

Shield Argent, a cut branch Vert in fess, a hunting horn Gules fixed by a cord Or on the branch.
Meaning:
In the 15th century Hornburg had been a market town beneath the namesake castle. The first seal of the local council was in use since 1461. In 1552 Hornburg gained city rights. At the same time the arms were displayed on a city gate. Two naked men supported a targe displaying the current pattern. The arms on the (secret) seal from the 16th century displayed the same pattern. After WW2 for a short time a shield parted per bend with a golden horn without branch was in use.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.50
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017


Schladen Village

Schladen Flag

[Schladen village flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017

It is a red over white horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017

Schladen Banner

[Schladen village banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017

It is a red-white horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017

Schladen Coat of Arms

[Werlaburgdorf CoA] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017

Shield Gules, a lion rampant Argent.
Meaning:
The arms are based on the family arms of the Lords of Dorstadt, who gained Schladen estate near Königspfalz Werla as a fiefdom from the Bishopric of Hildesheim in 1110. Since 1175 the lords were denoted as Counts of Dorstadt. Castle and subcounty (Amt) belonged again to the Bishopric of Hildesheim from 1643 till 1802.
The arms were approved probably before 1925 by Prussian Minister of State. All documents had been destroyed in WW2.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.71
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017


Werlaburgdorf Village

inhabitants 15,186
flags and coat of arms approved on 26 November 1958 according source
Source: Rabbow 2003 and Main State Archive Hannover
Jörg Majewski, 24 Sep 2007

Werlaburgdorf Flag

[Werlaburgdorf village flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Sep 2007

It is a blue over yellow horizontcal bicolour. The coat of arms is slightly shifted to the hoist.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 24 Sep 2007

Werlaburgdorf Banner

[Werlaburgdorf village banner] 8:3 image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Sep 2007

It is a blue-yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 24 Sep 2007

Werlaburgdorf Coat of Arms

[Werlaburgdorf CoA] image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Sep 2007

Shield Or with embattled base Azure, charged with a bendlet sinister Or; issuant fom base an eagle Azure, armed and tongued Gules.
Meaning:
The former Burgdorf Municipality was renamed to Werlaburgdorf on 9 October 1958 by Minister of Interior of Lower Saxony. The base embattled and the eagle are alluding to Königspfalz Werla, the name of the village is "village (beneath) Werla castle". The bendlet sinister is taken from the arms of the Lords of Burgdorf The coat of arms was approved in December 1958 by President of Braunschweig district.
Source: municipal webpage Schladen-Werla
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Sep 2017


back to Wolfenbüttel cities and municipalities click here.