This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Hüfingen (Germany)

Stadt Hüfingen, Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: huefingen | hausen vor wald | tower(silver) | wheel | bordure |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Hüfingen city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Apr 2013 See also:

City of Hüfingen

Hüfingen City Banner

Description of banner:
It is a light blue - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner in a procession on occasion of Corpus Christi on 10 June 2004.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Apr 2013

Hüfingen Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a light blue shield is a silver (= white) watch tower with two turrets, masoned black.
Meaning:
The market rights of Hüfingen, located beneath the castle of the Lords of Blumberg, were confirmed in 1274. Hüfingen became a possession of the Knights of Schellenberg in 1383 and gained city rights officially in 1452. Before it was denoted as city, market town or village as well. The oldest seal from the middle of the 15th century already displays a tower with two turrets. This pattern appeared on all later seals and images. Size and shape of the tower on the other hand were changed in detail several times.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.55
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Apr 2013

Borough of Hausen vor Wald

Hausen vor Wald Banner

[Hüfingen-Hausen banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Nov 2013

Description of banner:
It is a black - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is slightly shifted to the bottom.
Source: Schwarzwälder Bote Online, 28 September 2013
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Nov 2013

Hausen vor Wald Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a red wheel having five spokes. The shield has a celestial blue bordure in a strange mixture of embattled and nebuly.
Source: Schwarzwälder Bote Online, 28 September 2013
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Nov 2013


back to Schwarzwald-Baar cities and municipalities click here