This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Dietenheim (Germany)

Stadt Dietenheim, Alb-Donau-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: dietenheim | demi-eagle | couped per pale | bar(silver) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Dietenheim city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jun 2013
approved 31 August 1973 See also:

City of Dietenheim

Dietenheim City Banner

Description of banner:
It is a white - red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this webpage, provided by Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jun 2013

Dietenheim Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per pale. The dexter side is red, divided by a silver (= white) bar. The sinister side displays a black demi-eagle, couped per pale, armed and tongued red. Stadler displays the eagle as armed and tongued golden (= yellow).
Meaning:
Dietenheim had been an Austrian possession and gained fortification and city rights in 1588 from the Counts of Fugger-Dietenheim, who acted as vassals for the Austrian emperors. The dexter half is symbolizing that the city belonged to Hither Austria (Vorderösterreich) for centuries, while the sinister side alludes to the connections with the Holy Roman Empire since 1280, when the Margraves of Brandenburg had been imperial vassals. The arms did not change after the area became part of Württemberg in 1810, when Dietenheim was downgraded to a market town. The rank of a city was regained in 1953.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.32

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 31 August 1973 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 1107/1974.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jun 2013


back to Alb-Donau cities and municipalities click here