This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Leezen Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Leezen, Kreis Segeberg, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: leezen subcounty | leezen | bark | bebensee | fredesdorf | hoegersdorf | kuekels | moezen | neversdorf | schwissel(kr.segeberg) | todesfelde | wittenborn | kingcup | birches(3) | wheelbarrow | linden(leaf) | cross(bottony) | bees(2) | |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Bark municipality

[Bark municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 26 Jun 2006
approved 6 August 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white over red bicolour with ratio 4:1. Shifted to the hoist are three birches, coming out from the same root. The trees are exceeding the white stripe.
Meaning:
The birches with their common root are symbolizing the close relationships between the villages of Bark proper, Schafhausen und Bockhorn. They are also canting (birch = Birke (in German) = Bark (in Lower German)). The colours of the sheet are those of Holstein.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 6 August 1999. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Bebensee municipality

Bebensee Municipal Flag

[Bebensee municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Jul 2006
approved 5 August 2004

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Bebensee Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms: In a golden (= yellow) shield over a silver (= white) base wavy, divided by two blue barrulets wavy, is a green hill nearly filling the shield. The hill is superimposed by a golden (= yellow) blossom of kingcup flanked by two silver (= white) and black reed maces.
Meaning: The barrulets and the hill are symbolizing the attractive landscape. The kingcup and the reed maces are endemic species and considered to be canting as follows: The name means (free translation): "on the trembling shores of the lake", just there kingcups and reed maces grow on swampy ground.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 5 August 2004. The artist is Uwe Nagel from Bergenhusen.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Fredesdorf municipality

Fredesdorf Municipal Flag

[Fredesdorf flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 27 Oct 2008
approved 13 May 2008

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a yellow flag divided near the top by a blue, horizontal line. Beneath the line and shifted to the hoist is a black wheelbarrow, loaded by bricks of peat. The wheelbarrow is surrounded by a circle of ten green linden leaves.
Meaning: The blue line -replacing the fess wavy in the municipal arms- is symbolizing the Schmalfelder Au, a local creek. The circle of leaves is symbolizing the village square and its surrounding linden trees. The wheelbarrow is alluding to the Fredesdorfer Moor, a local swamp. The number of leaves is also representing the ten acres (Vollhufen), which formed the village in the 19th century.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 13 May 2008. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Fredesdorf Municipal Coat of Arms

[Fredesdorf coat of arms] image by Jörg Majewski, 27 Oct 2008

Högersdorf municipality

Högersdorf Municipal Flag

[Högersdorf flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 7 Oct 2008
approved 21 March 2007

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Högersdorf Municipal Coat of Arms

[Högersdorf coat of arms] image by Jörg Majewski, 7 Oct 2008

Description of coat of arms: In a blue shield is a silver (= white) chevron crowned by a cross bottony of the same colour. The cross is flanked by two golden (= yellow) bees.
Meaning: The blue colour is symbolizing the Trave River and the numerous humid biotopes. Högersdorf is the centre of beekeeping in Segeberg county, symbolized by the bees. The crowned chevron is alluding to St. Vicelin. It is said that he erected a minster in this place in 1149 and a hospital in 1152. In 1155 the monastery resettled to Segeberg, where the predecessor had been destroyed in 1138.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 21 March 2007. The artists are Henning Höppner and Nina Winterlich.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Kükels municipality

Kükels Municipal Flag

[Kükels municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 7 Dec 2007
approved 10 October 2007

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Kükels Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms: The shield is divided per countercharged bend sinister wavy into golden (= yellow) over blue. Above right is a red copper beach, below left a silver (= white) pickerel.
Meaning: The bend wavy is symbolizing the Kükelser Au, a local creek, connecting the lakes of Mözen and Neversdorf. Kükels is located on the shores of the Müzen Lake. When the area was populated, this lake had the name "Kukelze" and is probably the name giver of the municipality. The lake is symbolized by the pickerel. The copper beech is symbolizing the numerous trees of this kind. They had been planted after a great fire in 1866, which destroyed the village nearly completely.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online The flag was approved on 10 October 2007. The coat of arms was approved on 9 August 2007. The artist is Tim Unverhau from Elmenhorst.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Leezen municipality

Leezen Municipal Flag

[Leezen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 26 Jun 2006
approved 19 March 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Leezen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms: In a silver (= white) shield over two blue barrulets wavy stands a red, wooden belfry flanked by two green linden trees.
Meaning: The belfry is the only relic of the church built in the 12th century. Being demolished in 1870 the church was rebuilt in 1871 keeping the old belfry. The barrulets are symbolizing the location on the shores of the Neversdorf Lake. The trees are symbolizing the lindens surrounding the village square of Leezen. They are also representing the settlement cores of Krems I and Heiderfeld.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 19 March 1999. The artist is Hans Frieder Kühne from Barsbüttel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Mözen municipality

Mözen Municipal Flag

[Mözen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Jul 2006
approved 13 October 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a blue over white horizontal bicolour. The blue stripe has double width. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Mözen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms: The silver (= white) shield has a blue base, divided by a silver (= white) barrulet wavy. There also is a red triangle on the dexter chief, superimposed by a silver (= white) head of a crozier. A green stalk of reed, silver (= white) at the bottom is growing from the bottom edge.
Meaning: The village was first mentioned in 1137 as Mözen (the former Mozinke or Moitzing) belonging to the dominions of the monastery in Segeberg and located on the shores of Mözen Lake. The crozier is symbolizing the monastery, the crozier has leaves of water lily as an element, also alluding to the monastery. The base is symbolizing the local lake while the stalk is representing the abundant cover of vegetation on its banks.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 13 October 1999. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Neversdorf municipality

[Neversdorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Jun 2006
approved 9 August 2001

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The sheet is horizontally divided into white over blue with ratio approx. 2:1. At the hoist side on the blue stripe is a white, sinister facing pikeperch. Shifted to the hoist on the white stripe is a green hill crowned by three trees in natural colour, i.e. green leaves and black stems. The hill is continued by a green, horizontal line reaching the flyend. The upper fly corner is divided by a blue, bendy line.
Meaning: The bendy line - wavy in coat of arms - is symbolizing the Trave River. Hill and green line are symbolizing a peninsula in the western part of Neversdorf Lake, called "crows' island". Here had been a Slavic ring wall from the 11th or 12th century. The pikeperch is symbolizing riches of fish.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 9 August 2001. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Schwissel municipality

Schwissel Municipal Flag

[Schwissel municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 11 Aug 2006
approved 23 March 2006

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Schwissel Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms: In a silver (= white) shield is a green hill, superimposed by a golden (= yellow) urn. Above are a blue bend wavy and a blue bend sinister wavy. (They would cross one another somewhere outside above the central chiefpoint.)
Meaning: The bends are symbolizing the Trave River and the Mözener Au, a local creek. The hill is representing some 30 tumuli being on the area of the municipality, most of them from the Bronze Age. The urn is symbolizing a pre-Roman graveyard having been discovered during road works in the 20th century.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 23 March 2006. The local artists are Jürgen Hildebrandt-Möller and Heinrich Schroer.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Todesfelde municipality

Todesfelde Municipal Flag

[Todesfelde municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Jun 2006
approved 8 April 2003

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white over green horizontal bicolour. The green stripe is slightly broader. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013

Todesfelde Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms: The shield is divided per fess. Below in a silver (= white) field is a red stepped gable over three Romanic windows, denoted as "red" (they are indeed white with a red base). Above the shield is divided per chevron. Above right in a green field is silver (= white) plant of lady's smock flanked by golden (= yellow) leaves, one of them serrated, the other feathered. Above left in a green field is a golden (= yellow) horse's harness. Below in the middle is the top of the gable mentioned above.
Meaning: The lady's smock (Latin: Cardamine pratensis) is alluding to the location within swamps and wet meadows. The different kinds of leaves are representing the villages of Todesfelde proper and Voßhöhlen. The harness is symbolizing agriculture and flourishing crafts. Todesfelde became a parish in 1898 and a new church was completed in 1900. The ensemble below is an image of the entrance of the parish church. Exceeding the lower half is stressing the importance of the church as a cultural centre.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 8 April 2003. The artist is Erwin Meier from Hüttblek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


Wittenborn municipality

Wittenborn Municipal Flag

[Wittenborn flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 26 Jul 2006
Flag approved 3 Sep 1998

Description of flag:

The ratio is 3:5. The flag shows "central on a hoistward blue and flyward white field the front white rear blue well from the municipal arms." (It is an armorial flag.)
Wittenborn is c. 50 km west of Lübeck, area: 6,19 km2 with 774 inhabitants.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 13 Oct 2007

Wittenborn Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
Palewise Azure and Argent, surmounted with a Well masoned from quarry stones with a wide edge, counterchanged.

Meaning:
The village was mentioned first in 1137 as a possession of the monastery in Segeberg. The well in the arms of municipality of Wittenborn refers to the name of the municipality, and give the arms thereby the character of a "canting" symbol. The division per pale of the arms into two equal fields makes clear that the current municipality grew together from two communities. (There are some speculations that the village had been built by two smaller villages, one of them populated by Slavic people.) The colouring of the arms in the two colours normally used in heraldry to represent water, Azure and Argent (=blue and white), refers to the fact that Wittenborn is located in the vicinity of the Mözen Lake, which forms the border on the south-eastern side of the municipal territory.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 13 Oct 2007


Sources: Reißmann 1997, p. 371 and municipal webpage

The flag was approved on 3 September 1998. The coat of arms was approved on 23 October 1996. The artist is /Jens Erich Lange/ from Wittenborn.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 26 Jan 2013


back to Segeberg cities and municipalities click here.