This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Sandesneben-Nusse Subcounty - part 1 (A-L) (Germany)

Amt Sandesneben-Nusse - Teil 1, Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: sandesneben-nusse | duvensee | grinau | gr.boden | gr.schenkenberg | koberg | kuehsen | lankau | luechow(kr.lauenburg) | horseheads(crossed) | dove | arrowhead | sheaf | crancelin | millwheel | half-timber | mattock | stork | oak | anchor |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Amt Sandesneben-Nusse municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 15 Oct 2008
approved 1 Jan 2008 See also:

Sandesneben-Nusse Subcounty (Amt Sandesneben-Nusse)

Sandesneben-Nusse Subcounty Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Mar 2013

Sandesneben-Nusse Coat of Arms

[Amt Sandesneben-Nusse CoA] image by Jörg Majewski, 15 Oct 2008

Description of coat of arms:
The silver (= white) shield is divided by a blue fess wavy. Above are two red gable shelves, ending in horseheads facing one another. Below are 25 green lozenges ordered 2:3:2:1 in the corners and 1:2:3:2:1 in the middle.
Meaning:
The fess wavy is symbolizing the numerous creeks, the shelves are symbolizing the rural environment. The lozenges are representing the 25 municipalities of the subcounty, which was established on 1 January 2008, when the former subcounties of Sandesneben and Nusse merged.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 1 January 2008. The artist is /Wolfgang Bentin/ from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Mar 2013


Municipality of Duvensee

[Duvensee municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 29 Aug 2006
approved 24 April 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The flag is divided by an descending line into a blue trapezium in the fly and a red-white, lozengy hoist with damascene. A white, flying, sinister facing dove is in the flyend.
Meaning:
The colours are those of Schleswig-Holstein. The dove, together with the blue colour, is a canting element. The name means "lake of doves". The lozenges with damascene appear on the seals of a few families of local noblemen.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 24 April 1999. The coat of arms was approved on 27 June 1997. The artist is Rainer B. Borgstädt from Duvensee.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Grinau

[Grinau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 9 Sep 2006
approved 18 January 2001

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The green sheet is divided by a yellow, wavy, horizontal line. In the upper hoist corner is a yellow, bendy arrowhead pointing upwards. In the lower hoist corner is a sheaf of the same colour, consisting of seven ears.
Meaning:
The green and yellow colours are symbolizing meadows and acres. The wavy line is symbolizing the Grinau creek. The sheaf is symbolizing the importance of agriculture in presence and past, especially the cultivation of wheat. The arrowhead is taken from the arms of the knights of Krummesse.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 18 January 2001. The coat of arms was approved on 25 May 2000. The artist is Rainer B. Borgstädt from Duvensee.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Groß Boden

[Groß Boden municipal flag] 2:3 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Feb 2013
approved 28 November 2011

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The sheet is divided by an ascending line into two trapezium. The trapezium at the hoist is yellow and displaying a green, sinister bendy crancelin. Above is a red, sinister bendy sabre.The trapezium at the fly is green and in the lower half divided by a broad, white wavy fess. A white millwheel is partially covered by the fess wavy. Above is the white half-timber construction of a farmhouse. (It is an armorial flag.)
Meaning:
The location was first mentioned in 1310 as Riekenhagen. Afterwards it had been devastated, perhaps by bad environmental conditions. Since 1649 the name Boden appears first, together with the name of an administrator called Boden Tim, his civil name was Tim Bubert. The word "Boden" is derived from "Bude", which is a small house, perhaps just a hut of the poorer people. Thus the half-timbered construction is a canting element. The wheel is alluding to the cornmill, first mentioned in 1312, where grain for the whole district was ground. Afterwards the mill was converted into a hydroelectric power station. The sabre is reminding on two rencounters: 1813 French and Danes against the coalition, and 1864 Danes against troops of the German Confederation. The crancelin is alluding to the Askanian dukes from the Ratzeburg-Lauenburg branch.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 28 November 2011. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Groß Schenkenberg

Groß Schenkenberg Municipal Flag

[Groß Schenkenberg municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 4 Sep 2006
approved 24 November 2003

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Groß Schenkenberg Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided into red over green by a silver (= white) bend sinister wavy. Below right is a silver (= white) mattock. Above left are two connected leaves of the same colour.
Meaning:
The two partitions are symbolizing the settlement cores of Groß Schenkenberg proper and Rothenhausen. The bend wavy is symbolizing the Grinau creek. The leaves are symbolizing local groves. The red colour is symbolizing construction activities. The mattock is symbolizing farming. The green colour is symbolizing grasslands and meadows.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 24 November 2003. The coat of arms was approved on 26 June 2002. The artist is Siegbert Herbst from Bäk.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Koberg

Koberg Municipal Flag

[Koberg municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Sep 2006
approved 3 October 1989

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Koberg Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The base of the green shield is divided by a golden (= yellow) fess wavy. Above is statant stork in natural colours, flanked by golden (= yellow) figures, an ear of grain on the dexter side and an oak leaf on the sinister side.
Meaning:
Some couples of storks are breeding every year in Koberg. The adoption of the stork is symbolizing the intention of the municipality to preserve this rare species. The green colour is symbolizing woods and highmoors. The grain is symbolizing agriculture. The leaf is symbolizing oak groves. Oaks had been so important that the city of Lübeck bought this village twice, in 1265 and in 1468, before Koberg was ceded to Lauenburg in 1747. The fess wavy is symbolizing the little Bille River.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.209

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 3 October 1989. The artist is Hans Frieder Kühne from Barsbüttel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Kühsen

[Kühsen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 12 Sep 2006
approved 29 November 2000

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The sheet is divided into green over white by a wavy, horizontal line with proportions approx. 5:2. The white stripe is superimposed by a kinked red fess. The green stripe displays a white house superimposed by seven red rectangles in a circular configuration.
Meaning:
The green colour is symbolizing agriculture. The house is said to be a canting element alluding to the meaning of the name: "location of Kusa". The white stripe is symbolizing the Stecknitz, a little river, the former Stecknitz Canal and the Elbe-Lübeck-Canal. The red fess is symbolizing a watergate. The seven rectangles are not mentioned. It is just said that the municipality was founded in 1928 by merging of Lankau, Anker, Gretenberge and the district of Marienwohlde.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 29 November 2000. The artist is Rainer B. Borgstädt from Duvensee.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Lankau

Lankau Municipal Flag

[Lankau municipal flag] 3:5 image by 29 Aug 2006
approved 25 May 2000

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. In a green flag is the coat of arms, slightly shifted to the hoist and having nearly total height of the flag. Two yellow, horizontal, wavy lines are continuing the bars wavy from the shield.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Lankau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The base of the golden (= yellow) shield is divided by two blue bars wavy. A green oak is the main figure. The stem is superimposing both bars. The tree has a broken branch on the dexter side. The tree is flanked by two red figures, an upright anchor on the dexter side and a heart crowned by a crosslet on the sinister side.
Meaning:
The oak is the well-known storks' oak in the municipal grove of Lankau. The two bars wavy are symbolizing the big and the small lake of Lankau. The heart with cross is an attribute of St. Birgitta of Sweden, who established an order of nuns. Her order built a monastery and a church in Lankau in the first half of the 15th century. The anchor is alluding to the Elbe-Lübeck-Canal.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 25 May 2000. The artist is Hans Frieder Kühne from Barsbüttel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


Municipality of Lüchow

Lüchow Municipal Flag

[Lüchow municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 27 Feb 2013
approved 30 November 2010

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013

Lüchow Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per pale wavy into silver (= white) and green. The narrow silver partition is superimposed by a blue pallet wavy. On the green partition is a golden (= yellow) wheelbarrow loaded by 16 bricks of peat of the same colour. The bricks are ordered 4:4:4:4. Above is a horseshoe of the same colour.
Meaning:
In the past there often had been struggles between the farmers of Lüchow and Duvensee. The problems were finally solved by a trench at the border of both villages, symbolized by the blue pallet wavy. The horseshoe and the wheel barrow are symbolizing the rural environment, the latter especially the digging for peat.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 30 November 2010. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Mar 2013


to part 2 click here


back to Herzogtum Lauenburg cities and municipalities click here.