This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lütau Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Lütau, Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: luetau subcounty | dalldorf | schnakenbek | horsehead | scythe | flail | nailheads(10) | bridge | spined loach | demi-lion | ferry |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Lütau subcounty flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Feb 2013
approved 9 July 2008 See also:

Lütau Subcounty (Amt Lütau)

Lütau Subcounty Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Mar 2013

Lütau Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
It is a red shield displaying a silver (= white) horsehead over scythe and flail of the same colour and crossed per saltire. The shield has a green bordure superimposed by ten golden (= yellow) nailheads, which are shaped like little pyramids.
Meaning:
Scythe, flail and the green colour are stressing the importance of agriculture today and in the past. The horsehead is taken from the arms of the county, to which Lütau belongs. The number of nailheads is symbolizing the municipalities of the subcounty. Those are: Basedow, Buchhorst, Dalldorf, Juliusburg, Krukow, Krüzen, Lanze, Lütau, Schnakenbek and Wangelau.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.49

The flag was approved on 9 July 2008. The coat of arms was approved on 24 September 1985. The artist is Walter Lehmann from Kollow.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Mar 2013


Municipality of Dalldorf

Dalldorf Municipal Flag

[Dalldorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 6 Oct 2008
approved 15 March 2007

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Mar 2013

Dalldorf Municipal Coat of Arms

[Dalldorf municipal coat of arms] image by Jörg Majewski, 6 Oct 2008

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess into golden (= yellow) over blue. Above is a green bridge, below is a golden (= yellow) spined loach.
Meaning:
Dalldorf was first mentioned in 1230 as "Dalthorp". Afterwards within less than 200 years the settlement was renamed several times.The colours are symbolizing water and rural environment. The bridge is crossing the Elbe-Lübeck-Canal. The canal was built between 1896 and 1900 as Elbe-Trave-Canal, renamed in 1936, broadened and deapened between 2005 and 2007. The bridge was completed in 2007. The spined loach is an endangered species, which still occurs in the small Stecknitz River, the border between Lauenburg and Mecklenburg.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 15 March 2007. The artist is Gisela Gördes from Ascheberg.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Mar 2013


Municipality of Schnakenbek

Schnakenbek Municipal Flag

[Schnakenbek municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider
approved 27 January 2010

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a blue over yellow horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Mar 2013

Schnakenbek Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess into gold (= yellow) over blue. Above is a red demi-lion issuant. Below is a golden (= yellow) ferry having a wavy waterline.
Meaning:
The demi-lion is alluding to Heinrich the Lion, Duke of Saxony and Bavaria, who had often been in the Lauenburg region. It is told that he fled to England from here. The demi-lion is also symbolizing Heinrich's disempowerment. In his arms there had been a complete lion. The colours are the proper colours of Heinrich. The ferry is symbolizing the Artlenburg ferry on the area of nowadays Schnakenbek. The blue colour is symbolizing River Elbe, the golden colour of the ferry is symbolizing economic importance.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.308

The flag was approved on 27 January 2010. The coat of arms was approved on 3 October 1989. The artist is Walter Lehmann from Kollow.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 2 Mar 2013


back to Herzogtum Lauenburg cities and municipalities click here.