This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Berkenthin Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Berkenthin, Kreis Herzogtum Lauenburg, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: berkenthin subcounty | berkenthin | behlendorf | bliestorf | goeldenitz | kastorf | klempau | krummesse | niendorf(berkenthin) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Municipality of Behlendorf

[Behlendorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Sep 2006
approved 23 Oct 1993

Behlendorf Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The flag has a red - white lozengy hoist. The lozenges are superimposed by little balls in counterchanged colours. The flyend is divided per bend into white over black. A millwheel in counterchanged colours is superimposing the flyend.
Meaning:
The flag, and the arms are a modification of the Lords of Berkenthin, called of Behlendorf. The new element in the municipal arms is the millwheel, symbolizing the paper mill of Behlendorf and the watermill of Hollenbek. The colours are those of the county.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.85
Flag and coat of arms were approved on 23 October 1993. The artist is Walter Koop from Berkenthin.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


Municipality of Berkenthin

[Berkenthin municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 5 Sep 2006
approved 20 Dec 1988

Berkenthin Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. The red hoist side is divided by a white bendlet crowned by three trefoils. The flyend is horizontally divided into four alternating black and white stripes.
Meaning:
The arms , and thus the flag, are based upon the seals of Detlev von Parkentin and his wife Adelheid. The members of the Parkentin family called themselves with the village's name since 1264, when the Bishop of Ratzeburg granted them half of the taxes of the village and the jurisdiction in Klein Berkenthin. The colours are those of the county.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.89
The flag was approved on 20 December 1988. The coat of arms was approved on 18 September 1985. The artist is Walter Koop from Berrkenthin.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


Municipality of Bliestorf

[Bliestorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 5 Sep 2006
approved 12 Mar 2002

Bliestorf Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013

Bliestorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a green three peaked mountain, which is superimposed by a silver (= white) building. The sinister chiefpoint is superimposed by a green arrowhead pointing towards the dexter side.
Meaning:
The building is the municipal house of Bliestorf, probably a meeting point of the inhabitants. The arrowhead is taken from the arms of the Knights of Crummesse. This family is originated in Verden on Aller and has probably founded Bliestorf in the 13th century. The family sold the village in 1380. The mountain and the green colour are symbolizing the Bliestorf Wood.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online
Flag and coat of arms were approved on 12 March 2002. The artist is Guido Levin Weinberger from Bliestorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


Municipality of Göldenitz

[Göldenitz municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Feb 2013
approved 6 Dec 2011

Göldenitz Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013

Göldenitz Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per chevron ployé into silver (= white) over green. Above right is a green maple leaf. Above left is a green millwheel. Below central is a silver (= white) sower.
Meaning:
Maples are the predominant kind of tree in Göldenitz. The millwheel is representing the local watermill, which exists since the 18th century. The sower is a sculpture, erected in Göldenitz in 1954. The sculptor is Karl-Heinz Goedke.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online
Flag and coat of arms were approved on 6 December 2011. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


Municipality of Kastorf

[Kastorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Feb 2013
approved 8 Jul 2004

Kastorf Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013

Kastorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a silver (= white) narrowing bend into red over green. In the upper, dexter part the bend is crossed by a little sinister bendy rectangle of the same colour. Above left is a silver, statant mare with a foal of the same colour, Below right is a silver (= white) plough impending over a three peaked mountain of the same colour on the base.
Meaning:
A farmer named Christian, probably a Westphalian founded the villages of Chritians' hill (Christianshöhe) and Chritian's village (Kastorf). The mountain is alluding to the former. The plough is symbolizing the agrarian roots of both villages. The group of horses is taken from the seal of the village, which had been used between 1950 and 1964. The bend and the rectangle are symbolizing a highway made of stones. The street was paid by the city council of Lübeck. Therefore Lübeck here collected a toll from 1696 to 1878. The rectangle is symbolizing the toll bar.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online
Flag and coat of arms were approved on 8 July 2004. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


Municipality of Klempau

[Klempau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 28 Feb 2013
approved 10 Mar 2009

Klempau Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013

Klempau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess wavy into green over silver ( white). Above are a stork in natural colours on the sinister side and a golden (= yellow), bendy arrowhead pointing upwards. Below are two green ears of grain crossed per saltire.
Meaning:
One pair of storks is breeding every year in Klempau. As the stork is a rare species, the municipal council adopted this symbol as part of the arms. The arrowhead is taken from the arms of the Knights of Crumesse, who owned Klempau Manor in 1449. The local members of the family called themselves von Clempow. Manor and village were first mentioned in 1149. The village was separated from the manor in 1778, but the inmhabitants had to serve the owners of the manor also later on. In 1938 the manor was sold and divided into eleven farms. The even nowadays rural structure is symbolized by the ears of grain.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online
Flag and coat of arms were approved on 10 March 2009. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


Municipality of Krummesse

[Krummesse municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 8 Sep 2006
approved 19 Dec 1995

Krummesse Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white over red horizontal bicolour. A bendy, blue arrowhead, pointing upwards, is in the upper hoist corner. A white horsehead is in the lower hoist corner.
Meaning: Knights of Crummesse in the 14th century. The arrowhead is taken from the arms of the knights. The horsehead is representing the other part of Krumesse, which remained under the rule of the dukes of Saxe-Lauenburg. It is also symbolizing that the municipality is part of the county Herzogtum Lauenburg.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.216
The flag was approved on 19 December 1995. The coat of arms was approved on 5 November 1993. The artist is Siegbert Herbst from Bäk.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


Municipality of Niendorf bei Berkenthin

[Niendorf(Berkenthin) municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Feb 2013
approved 21 Apr 2010

Niendorf bei Berkenthin Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013

Niendorf bei Berkenthin Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The flag is divided by a silver (= white) pale wavy into a smaller sinister side, which is plain red, and a bigger green, dexter side. The dexter side is superimposed by golden (= yellow) figures: above a half-timbered house and below crossed gable shelves ending in horseheads.
Meaning:
The pale wavy is symbolizing the Stecknitz River. House and shelves are representing the rural environment.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online
Flag and coat of arms were approved on 21 April 2010. The artist is Wolfgang Bentin from Kastorf.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Mar 2013


back to Herzogtum Lauenburg cities and municipalities click here.