This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dänischer Wohld Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Dänischer Wohld, Kreis Rendsburg-Eckernförde, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: daenischer wohld | felm | gettorf | lindau(bei gettorf) | neudorf-bornstein | neuwittenbek | osdorf | schinkel | tuettendorf | leaf | sundew | church(tower) | oak | stone | linden(leaf) | inescutcheon | gable | well | farmhouse | wheel | |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Municipality of Felm

Felm Municipal Flag

[Felm municipal flag] 2:3 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013
approved 12 December 2011

Description of flag:
The ratio is 2:3. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013

Felm Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a golden (= yellow) three-peaked mountain superimposed by a green common sundew (Latin: Drosera rotundifolia). The base is blue divided by two silver (= white) bars wavy, which are connected by a pale of the same colour. Three silver (= white) leaves are superimposing the blue chief.
Meaning:
The mountain is symbolizing the local landscape, moulded by groves, swamps, acres, hills and valleys. Especially the leaves and the sundew are symbolizing groves and swamps. The base wavy is symbolizing the waters in and around felm, i.e. the Baltic Sea, the Kiel Canal, the old Eider Canal and the numerous creeks. The pale is symbolizing a watershed on the area of the municipality.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 12 December 2011. The artist is Uwe Nagel from Bergenhusen.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013


Municipality of Gettorf

Gettorf Municipal Flag

[Gettorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 29 Apr 2006
approved 1 October 1985

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013

Gettorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a golden (= yellow) wavy mountain, superimposed by a red Gothic church tower with a silver (= white) spire. The tower is flanked by two silver (= white), rooted oaks.
Meaning:
The oak trees are symbolizing the Danish Wohld (Dänischer Wohld), a major forest. The church tower is representing a chapel dedicated to St. George (Jürgen), first mentioned in 1318 and replaced by a church in 1600. The chapel had been a place of pilgrimage in the early medieval. Gettorf is the capital of the Danish Wohld, which in the 11th century was called "Isarnho", i.e. "iron wood", by the chronicler Adam of Bremen. The Danish denotation is "Jarnwith". In the 13th century German colonists settled down here and cleared the forest. The yellow mountain is symbolizing a peninsula extending into the Baltic sea, symbolized by the colour of blue. The colours of the arms are those of the arms of Schleswig-Holstein.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.143

The flag was approved on 1 October 1985. The coat of arms was approved on 15 October 1984. The artists are/Hans Christian Jöhnk and Lothar Leissner.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013


Municipality of Lindau (bei Gettorf)

Lindau (bei Gettorf) Municipal Flag

[Lindau (bei Gettorf) municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 11 May 2006
approved 9 Jul 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is nearly an armorial flag, but the stripes are not separated by a wavy line.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013

Lindau (bei Gettorf) Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess wavy. Above in a golden (= yellow) field is a green leaf of linden tree with an infructescence. Below in a green field is a silver (= white) stone, accompanied by a silver (= white) inescutcheon, which is divided by two red bars.
Meaning:
The leaf is a canting element. The stone is a natural monument on the area of the municipality. The shield is alluding to the von Ahlefeld family, owners of the manors of Lindau (bei Gettorf) and Königsförde since 1460 and patrons of Gettorf Parish.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 9 July 1999. The artist is Uwe Nagel from Bergenhusen.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013


Municipality of Neudorf-Bornstein

Neudorf-Bornstein Municipal Flag

[Neudorf-Bornstein municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 20 May 2006
approved 23 Jul 2003

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a red over yellow horizontal bicolour. The stripes are separated by a wavy line. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013

Neudorf-Bornstein Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess wavy. Above in a golden (= yellow) field is a green gable with a diamond-shaped porthole. Below in a red field is a silver (= white) well, masoned black (red on flag) and filled with blue water.
Meaning:
The fess wavy is symbolizing the Hülkenbek, a local creek. The gable, typical for Lower Saxon farmhouses, is representing Neudorf, first mentioned in 1460. The well is representing Bornstein, first mentioned in 1506, as a canting element. Neudorf and Bornstein merged in 1928.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 23 July 2003. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013


Municipality of Neuwittenbek

Neuwittenbek Municipal Flag

[Neuwittenbek municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 14 May 2006
approved 23 May 2002

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013

Neuwittenbek Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield between a silver (= white) elements, a chevron above and a fess wavy below, is a red half-timbered farmhouse with silver (= white) roof and doors.
Meaning:
The chevron is symbolizing the community of Neuwittenbek, Altwittenbek and Warleberg. The fess wavy is symbolizing the Levensau and the Altwittenbeker Au, local creeks, and is alluding to the Kiel Canal. Half timbered farmhouses are typical in Neuwittenbek. The colours are those of Schleswig-Holstein.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.252

The flag was approved on 23 May 2002. The coat of arms was approved on 19 April 1988. The artist is Karl Kohzar from Neuwittenbek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013


Municipality of Osdorf

Osdorf Municipal Flag

[Osdorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 5 May 2006
approved 19 Jul 1990

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is nearly an armorial flag. Two green branches of oak have been added.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013

Osdorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
Two green branches of oak tree, consisting of two leaves and one acorn each are placed onto the outer chiefpoints. In the centre are two quarters of a red millwheel and two quarters of a red wagon's wheel ordered around a common nave.
Meaning:
The quarters of the wheel are symbolizing the coexistence of crafts and agriculture. Each quarter is also symbolizing a settlement core. Those are Osdorf, Borghorst, Borghorsterhütten und Augustenhof. The branches are symbolizing the Danish Wohld.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.264

The flag was approved on 19 July 1990. The coat of arms was approved on 6 March 1989. The artist is Karl Kohzar from Neuwittenbek.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jan 2013


Municipality of Schinkel

Schinkel Municipal Flag

[Schinkel municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 5 May 2006
approved 12 Aug 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a white flag. Between a blue fess wavy (below) and a blue chevron (above), continued by blue bars, is the gable side of a red house.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jan 2013

Schinkel Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield the gable side of a red house is topped by a blue chevron, which is topped by a blue fess wavy.
Meaning:
The chevron and the fess wavy are reminding on the channeling of the Eider River. The house (Rosenkranz Manor) is alluding to a former moated castle. The image of is based upon a painting of Woldemar von Rosenkrantz, which matches the depiction within the "Rantzau table" , a book containing a genealogical tree and also displaying ca. 50 manors of the Rantzau family, which was written in 1587 on behalf of Heinrich Rantzau by Daniel Frese.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 12 August 1999. The coat of arms was approved on 24 November 1998. The artist is Karl Kohzer from Kiel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jan 2013


Municipality of Tüttendorf

Tüttendorf Municipal Flag

[Tüttendorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jan 2013
approved 29 March 2011

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jan 2013

Tüttendorf Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The lower half of the green shield is filled by a silver (= white) hill, superimposed by a charcoal fire in natural colours. Above the hill is a golden (= yellow) half-timbered farmhouse, flanked by two silver (= white) oak leaves.
Meaning:
The type of farmhouse displayed is typical in the area. The leaves are symbolizing the predominant kind of tree and are also alluding to the "oak of peace", which got lost in 2010 and was replaced by a new oak. The municipality consists of Tüttendorf proper, Blickstedt and Wulfshagenerhütten, the latter had had a glass kiln in the 16th century, where charcoal and glass had been produced. This is symbolized by the fire.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 29 March 2011. The artist is Uwe Nagel from Bergenhusen.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 16 Jan 2013


back to Rendsburg-Eckernförde cities and municipalities click here.