This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Großer Plöner See Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Großer Plöner See, Kreis Plön, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: gr.ploener-see | ascheberg(holstein) | boesdorf | dersau | doernick | grebin | lebrade | rantzau | wittmoldt | blossom | plough | oak(branch) | millwheel | wheel | beech(leaf) | horseheads(crossed) | ferry | hornbeam(leaf) | keys(2) | h |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Großer Plöner See Subcounty (Amt Großer Plöner See)

When the municipality of Bosau, part of Ostholstein County, was added to Plön-Land Subcounty, the old name did'nt fit no more and the new entity was renamed as Großer Plöner See Subcounty. The city of Plön remained the seat of the new subcounty. Bosau is located on the eastern corner of the lake. Bosau has no proper flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Feb 2013


Municipality of Ascheberg (Holstein)

Ascheberg Municipal Flag

[Ascheberg (Holstein) municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 1 Aug 2006
approved 17 May 1990

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a blue over white over blue horizontal triband.The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag exceeding the central stripe.

Ascheberg Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a red shield are three silver (= white) leaves in a triangular constellation and coming out from a blossom of the same colour upon the fesspoint. The shield has a silver (= white) chief divided by a blue fess embattled counterembattled.
Meaning:
The fess is symbolizing a railway line. The main figure is taken from the arms of Volrad of Ascheberg from 1370. His family owned the village.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.76

The flag was approved on 17 May 1990. The coat of arms was approved on 19 December 1989. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.


Municipality of Bösdorf

[Bösdorf municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 4 Aug 2006
approved 21 July 1992

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a quarterly divided flag. The 1st quarter is blue displaying a white pough. The 4th quarter is red displaying a white branch of oak with two leaves and three acorns. The other quarters are plain white.
Meaning:
The branch is symbolizing the local groves of oak trees. The plough is symbolizing agriculture and is the tool, which was used to cultivate the area since the 13th century. Both figures are taken from the municipal arms.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.94

The flag was approved on21 July 1992 . The coat of arms was approved on 24 September 1985. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.


Municipality of Dersau

Dersau Municipal Flag

[Dersau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 31 Jul 2006
approved 19 October 2005

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.

Dersau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per bend into blue over gold (= yellow). Above right is a silver (= white) millwheel. Below left is a blue wheel flanked by two leaves of alder of the same colour.
Meaning:
The blue colour is symbolizing the Great Plön Lake (Großer Plöner See). The yellow colour is symbolizing the fields of grain and rape. The millwheel is symbolizing the existence of a windmill and a watermill in former Ascheberg Manor District. The wheel is symbolizing Dersau Main Street. The leaves are symbolizing riches of groves.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

Flag and coat of arms were approved on 19 October 2005. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.


Municipality of Dörnick

Dörnick Municipal Flag

[Dörnick municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 8 Aug 2006; and Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Feb 2013
approved 15 March 1999

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Source: I spotted this flag on 26 October 2007 on the Plöner Chaussee (B 430) eastbound.

Dörnick Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess wavy into silver (= white) over blue. Above are two red shelves crossed per saltire having horseheads at the tops. Below is a silver (= white) boat with a rudder.
Meaning:
The shield alludes to the merger of the village of Dörnick with the hamlet of Karpe in 1929. The shelves are showing the roof-ridge of the farmhouse in Hohelieth. They were also fixed to any gable in the region of the tenants houses. The boat is symbolizing the former ferry between Plön, Dörnick and Wittmoldt. The wavy line is symbolizing the Schwentine River and the Little Plön Lake (Kleiner Plöner See).
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.124

The flag was approved on 15 March 1999. The coat of arms was approved on 21 January 1990. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.


Municipality of Grebin

Grebin Municipal Flag

[Grebin municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 10 Aug 2006
approved 18 Sep 1995

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.

Grebin Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per saltire into red (1st and 4th quarter) and white (2nd and 3rd quarter). The red quarters are superimposed by a silver (= white) leaf of hornbeam. The 2nd quarter is superimposed by a blue millwheel. The 3rd quarter is superimposed by a blue circle of twelve stones.
Meaning:
The quarters are symbolizing the settlement cores of Behl, Grebin, Görnitz und Schönweide. The leaves are a canting element. Grebin is of Slavic origin meaning "grove of hornbeams". The ring is representing the prehistorical necropolis upon Timmberg, a local hill. The wheel is alluding to the historical watermill of Schönweide Manor. The colours are those of Schleswig-Holstein.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.149

The flag was approved on 18 September 1995. The coat of arms was approved on 3 December 1990. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.


Municipality of Lebrade

Lebrade Municipal Flag

[Lebrade municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 6 Aug 2006
approved 24 May 2005

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.

Lebrade Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per pale. The dexter side displays two bendy, golden (= yellow) keys. The sinister side is divided per fess displaying above a blue bend sinister wavy in a silver (= white) field and below a silver (= white) helmet crested by two horns in a red field.
Meaning:
The three parts of the shield are alluding to the three settlement cores of Lebrade proper, Kossau and Rixdorf. The keys are an attribute of St. Hippolyt, the patron saint of the church in Lebrade. Hippolyt had been the jailor of St. Lorenz. The bend wavy is representing Kossau, village and creek. The helmet is taken from a seal of the knight Johann of Ricklikesdorp (= Rixdorf) from 1349. The colours are those of Schleswig-Holstein's arms.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.223

The flag was approved on 24 May 2005. The coat of arms was approved on 22 March 1990. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.

Looks like Darth Vader in lower sinister ;-).
Lewis A. Nowitz, 6 Aug 2006


Municipality of Nehmten

Nehmten Municipal Flag

[Nehmten municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Jul 2006
approved 15 February 2002

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.

Nehmten Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The blue shield is divided by a broad golden (= yellow) pale superimposed by five green oak leaves.
Meaning:
The current municipality has five parts: Nehmten Manor, first mentioned in 1244, Pehmen Manor, first mentioned in 1351 and the villages of Sepel (1433), Godau (1244) and Bredenbek (1649). The number of leaves is symbolizing these settlement cores. The leaves are also representing the oldest and biggest stock of oak trees in the county. The blue colour is symbolizing Stocksee and Großer Plöner See. The municipality is located between these lakes.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 15 February 2002. The coat of arms was approved on 18 October 2001. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.


Municipality of Rantzau

Rantzau Municipal Flag

[Rantzau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Aug 2006
approved 3 May 1993

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.

Rantzau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per pale into silver (= white) and red. The dexter side displays a red great helm crested by two buffalo horns. The sinister side displays a silver (= white) primrose with five blossoms.
Meaning:
Silver and red are the colours of the Rantzau family. The helmet is known from seals of the family and symbolizing the connection between family and municipality. Both had been mentioned first in 1226 as "Ranzov". The primrose (Latin: Primula elatior) is blooming very soon. "Ran" is a Slavic word for "early".
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.282

The flag was approved on 3 May 1993. The coat of arms was approved on 9 September 1991.


Municipality of Wittmoldt

Wittmoldt Municipal Flag

[Wittmoldt municipal flag] 2:3 image by ,
approved 20 April 2009

Description of flag:
The ratio is 2:3. It is an armorial flag.

Wittmoldt Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In the golden (= yellow) shield is a green, sealed bottle accompanied by four more seals, two on either side. The seals are ordered per fess. The shield has a blue chief wavy superimposed by a silver (= white) boat with rudder.
Meaning:
The existence of suitable sands and of wood, suitable as fool, effected the foundation of an important glass factory in the 18th century, specialized on the production of bottles. (The bottle in shield is a Bocksbeutel, used for Franconian wines). The boat, a mirror image of the municipal flag of Dörnick, is symbolizing the Schwentine ferry between both villages. The yellow colour is symbolizing the sands, the blue colour the Schwentine River and the Little Plön Lake (Kleiner Plöner See). The five seals are representing the five settlement cores of Wittmoldt.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online Flag and coat of arms were approved on 20 April 2009. The artist is Henning Höppner from Plön.


back to Plön cities and municipalities click here.