This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Ottenhöfen / Schwarzwald (Germany)

Gemeinde Municipality of Ottenhööfen im Schwarzwald, Ortenaukreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: ottenhoefen | wheel(golden) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Ottenhöfen banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 17 Sep 2013 See also:

Municipality of Ottenhöfen

Ottenhöfen Banner

Description of banner:
It is a red - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 17 Sep 2013

Ottenhöfen Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a red shield is a golden (= yellow) wheel having eight spokes.
Meaning:
Ottenhöfen and Furschenbach, incorporated on 1 January 1973, belonged to the court district of Kappelrodeck within the Lordship of Oberkirch. The lordship was part of the Bishopric of Straßßburg. In 1803 both villages became a part of Baden and the court district was dissolved in 1809. Both villages then became independent municipalities. The wheel probably is a local symbol of Ottenhöfen, which got its first seal in 1809, displaying the wheel within a shield topped by a coronet.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 17 Sep 2013


back to Ortenau cities and municipalities click here