This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bad Oldesloe-Land Subcounty (Germany)

Amt Bad Oldesloe-Land, Kreis Stormarn, Schleswig-Holstein

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: bad oldesloe-land | grabau | poelitz | ruempel | steinburg(kr.stormarn) | travenbrueck | linden | grain(ear) | urn | millwheel | alleyway | tower(red) | oak(leaf) | bridge |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:

Municipality of Grabau

Grabau Municipal Flag

[Grabau municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Aug 2006
approved 2 June 2005

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013

Grabau Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a golden (= yellow) shield over a blue fess wavy impends a green hill crowned by six green linden trees with black stems.
Meaning:
The fess wavy is symbolizing the Norderbeste, a local creek. The hill is one example of the numerous tumuli from the Bronze Age in Grabau.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.148

The flag was approved on 2 June 2005. The coat of arms was approved on 5 November 1987. The artist is Renate Böttger from Stapelfeld.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013


Municipality of Pölitz

Pölitz Municipal Flag

[Pölitz municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 23 Aug 2006
approved 7 May 2001

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013

Pölitz Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a silver (= white) fess wavy into blue over red. Above are four golden (= yellow) ears of grain ordered per fess. Below is a silver (= white) urn.
Meaning:
The ears are symbolizing agriculture, their number the settlement cores of Pölitz, Schwienköben, Schulenburg and Schmachthagen. The fess wavy is representing the Barnitz, a local creek. The urn was found in the municipality during archaeological excavations.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The flag was approved on 7 May 2001. The coat of arms was approved on 9 March 2000. The artist is Hans Frieder Kühne from Barsbüttel.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013


Municipality of Rümpel

Rümpel Municipal Flag

[Rümpel municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a green flag. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013

Rümpel Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is green. A silver (=white) alley of cobblestones comes out of the base. Two demi-millwheels issuants of the same colour are coming out from the dexter and sinister edge
Meaning: The millwheels are representing the watermills and settlement cores of Höftenklinken, incorporated 1928, and Rohlfshagen, incorporated on 1 January 1978. The alleyway is representing the settlement core of Rümpel proper.
Source: Municipal Roll of Arms Schleswig-Holstein Online

The coat of arms was approved on 20 December 2002. The artist is Tim Unverhau of Elemenhorst. The flag is neither mentioned in the Roll of Arms nor in the local /Hauptsatzung/.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013


Municipality of Steinburg

Steinburg Municipal Flag

[Steinburg(Kreis Stormarn) municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 26 Aug 2006
approved 9 December 2002

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is a green flag, divided by a horizontal white stripe.. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013

Steinburg Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield are a red, embattled tower (dexter side) and a green oak leaf (sinister side).
Meaning:
The red tower is a canting element, symbolizing a castle made of stone, i.e. Steinburg. The municipality was generated, when Eichede, Mollhagen and Sprenge merged in 1978. Name giver was a nearby forest district. The leaf is symbolizing:
1) Eichede and thus is also canting.
2) an entry in a register from 1709, where the three municipalities were called "Stormanian wood villages" (stormansche Holzdörfer), which had to provide timber and charcoal.
3) the nowadays conservation of nature and environment.
The leaf is bigger than the castle, because nature lasts longer then any act of mankind.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.327

The flag was approved on 9 December 2002. The coat of arms was approved on 31 August 1989.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013


Municipality of Travenbrück

Travenbrück Municipal Flag

[Travenbrück municipal flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 24 Aug 2006
approved 10 September 2002

Description of flag:
The ratio is 3:5. It is an armorial flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013

Travenbrück Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided by a silver (= white) bend sinister wavy into red over blue. Above right is a silver (= white) building. Below from end to end is a silver (= white) bridge crossing the bend.
Meaning:
The building is Nütschau Manor, established in 1577 by Heinrich Rantzau, nowadays a convent of the Benedictian Priory of St. Ansgar. The bridge crossing the bend wavy, which symbolizes the Trave River, is a canting element, symbolizing the name and the connection between the numerous settlements, which form nowadays Travenbrück. The municipalities of Schlamersdorf and Sühlen, both established 1870, merged in 1970. The new municipality was called Travenberg. In 1928 the manor districts (Gutsbezirke) of Tralau, Nütschau and Neverstaven and the village of Vinzier merged. The new municipality was called Tralau. When Tralau and Travenberg merged in 1978, the new municipality was called Travenbrück.
Source: Reißmann 1997, p.346

The flag was approved on 10 September 2002. The coat of arms was approved on 13 July 1990. The artist is Renate Böttger from Stapelfeld.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 Feb 2013


back to Stormarn cities and municipalities click here.